Subject: bug#18506: stty dsusp undef fails.

From: Bernhard Voelker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 20:45:24 +0200

On 09/19/2014 05:19 PM, Pádraig Brady wrote:
> From be1e555db9cfd7e82a0a26e1a612a65ebe93d789 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: =?UTF-8?q?P=C3=A1draig=20Brady?= <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 16:15:04 +0100
> Subject: [PATCH] stty: only list supported options in --help and man pages
> 
> * src/stty.c (usage): Exclude unsupported options from --help,
> which only impacts the "dsusp" option on GNU/Linux.

that one, too:

-* [\-]cdtrdsr
-enable DTR/DSR handshaking
-.TP

A slightly different idea: as this can only happen for non-POSIX
options, we could change the '*' symbol to e.g. 'S' ("supported
non-POSIX option) and 'U' (unsupported non-POSIX option).
WDYT?

The cleanest solution probably would be to distinguish between
distinguish "invalid argument" from "not supported" errors, as you
aleady said. I'm not sure if it's worthwhile.

Otherwise: +1

Thanks & have a nice day,
Berny