Subject: Re: bug#18504: 24.3.93; posn-at-point intermittently returns wrong value for a valid buffer position

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 16:12:12 +0300

> Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 14:25:05 +0400
> From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
> CC: [email-masked]
> 
> On 09/19/2014 10:21 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> 
>  > I have no idea, since the recipe includes too many factors, and the
> > problem is intermittent and timing dependent.  Need a simpler recipe.
> 
> That's too bad.

Indeed.  But it's impossible to debug what you described, at least I
don't know how to do that, not without a recipe that can reliably
trigger the problem.

> Wouldn't setting a conditional breakpoint help?

Conditional breakpoint where?

With these issues, the only way to find the bug is to step through the
offending code _before_ it produces the wrong values.  So we need a
condition that happens at the beginning of that code, not where it
produces the final wrong results.