Subject: bug#18501: Acknowledgement (24.3.93; OS X; crash in free() when calling macfont_close())

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 21:56:47 +0300

> Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 19:13:25 +0100
> From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> > > Does anyone know if this patch was committed?
> > 
> > Yes, see commit fc5ebc3f (which amply references the bug report).
> 
> Thanks Eli. I think I need to learn how to use git and it's logs
> better.

Don't feel bad.  I actually did this the other way around: looked at
the relevant function in the source, saw that the code which the patch
modified already was, then used "git annotate" to find the commit.

Alternatively, "git grep 18501" finds the log entry for that commit
(but using that requires one to believe that the bug number is always
mentioned in the log entry, something that isn't 100% true.

> It looks like this bug is fixed, so I'll close it and if anyone
> disagrees, let me know.

Thanks.  Let me take this opportunity and thank you for your efforts
in triage of the old bugs.