Subject: Re: bug#18493: 24.3.93; posn-col-row should take text-scale-mode into account

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 21:38:03 +0400

On 09/19/2014 07:43 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> I think this is all a waste of time.  We should focus on company popups
>> based on GUI elements (most likely special kinds of frames) rather than
>> based on overlay-hacks.
>
> Dmitry asked for help in solving a problem, and I'm trying to do that.
> We already agreed that posn-col-row works as advertised, so this is
> not about changing code.  AFAIK, no one intends to work on what you
> suggest any time soon (and I agree that doing what you suggest is the
> right way forward).

Like explained earlier, since the GUI element-based popups are unlikely 
to work in Emacs 24.4 and older, and the next release is almost 
certainly 6-12 months away, I've been trying to add some polish for the 
users of current Emacs.

But indeed, the text zoom issue is of no critical importance, so feel 
free to close this issue, of you like.

(I do intend to start tinkering with the GUI-based popups relatively 
soon, by the way).