Subject: bug#18483: Fwd: Dmd tries to initialize my network interface before it become available.

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 10:24:46 +0200

Dušan Xmetov <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Dmd attempts to configure my network interface before the kernel
> module even gets loaded.
>
> Yesterday, there was a commit that tried to fix this problem by
> starting udev before configuring the network, but in my case it
> doesn't help.

Yes (that was 150d8e6, for the record.)

> I'm enclosing in this email my os definition, a dmesg log and a photo
> of the problem (At the top you can see it trying to configure the
> network, while at the bottom you can see e100, my network adapter's
> driver, getting loaded).

I was hoping that, by the time ‘udevadm trigger’ completes, all the
devices would have been detected, but obviously there’s no such
guarantee.

dmd will need something akin to ‘upstart-udev-bridge’
<http://upstart.ubuntu.com/cookbook/#id278> to turn device
discovery/removal events into service start/stop triggers.

Until then you’ll have to restart the networking service manually.  :-/

Thanks for the report,
Ludo’.