Subject: bug#18483: closed (Re: bug#18483: Dmd tries to initialize my network interface before it become available.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2019 20:05:04 +0000

Your bug report

#18483: Fwd: Dmd tries to initialize my network interface before it become available.

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
18483: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=18483
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#18483: Dmd tries to initialize my network interface before it become available.
From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
To: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2019 21:04:35 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Tue, Feb 12, 2019 at 07:25:27PM -0500, Leo Famulari wrote:
> Is this bug still relevant? Or can we close it?

Since no new complaints come in for more than four years, I am closing
the bug.

Andreas

Subject: Fwd: Dmd tries to initialize my network interface before it become available.
From: Dušan Xmetov <[email-masked]>
To: bug-guix <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 18:24:46 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Dmd attempts to configure my network interface before the kernel
module even gets loaded.

Yesterday, there was a commit that tried to fix this problem by
starting udev before configuring the network, but in my case it
doesn't help.

I'm enclosing in this email my os definition, a dmesg log and a photo
of the problem (At the top you can see it trying to configure the
network, while at the bottom you can see e100, my network adapter's
driver, getting loaded).