Subject: bug#18480: 24.3.93; Popups "broken" with lines of different heights

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 22:55:35 +0300

> From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Sebastien Vauban <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 15:13:48 -0400
> 
> >> As demo'ed with this Org file, enabling completion mechanisms such as AC
> >> or Company shows graphical glitches when themes have heights != 1.0.
> > Since neither of these packages is part of Emacs, I think you should
> > report this to the respective developers instead.
> 
> Since Company is part of GNU ELPA, I think it's OK to report its bugs here.
> In any case, I'm pretty sure this is a known limitation that will only
> be lifted when those packages start using "lightweight frames" or "GUI
> menus" or something like that, and I think those will require changes to
> the C code.

Maybe so, but I think the respective developers should first be given
chance to fix this or improve it, if they can.  Only if the developers
come to the conclusion that there are fundamental problems that
prevent the solution, then they should come here with the details.

Alternatively, the OP could look into the sources and make sure these
are not simple bugs in those packages, then explain all that in the
report.

Failing any of these, I don't see how filing this report can be of any
use.  I mean, who will look at this?