Subject: bug#18463: closed (Re: bug#18463: play-sound crashes emacs if file does not exist)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2016 17:21:02 +0000

Your bug report

#18463: play-sound crashes emacs if file does not exist

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
18463: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=18463
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#18463: play-sound crashes emacs if file does not exist
From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 13:20:13 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

tag 18463 + unreproducible
quit

I don't see a crash on Windows 8, Emacs 24.3 either. Closing as unreproducible.

Subject: play-sound crashes emacs if file does not exist
From: Mario Valencia <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 11:54:07 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

running emacs -Q on windows 8
tried (play-sound '(sound :file "c:/users/mario/desktop/whatever.wav"))
in *scratch* buffer.
if the file exists, it works fine. if the file does not exist, emacs
crashes.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.2.9200)
 of 2013-03-17 on MARVIN
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.2.9200
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.13.1-1-dev/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8/include/libxml2'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ESM
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> ( p l a y - s o u n d SPC ' ( s o u n d
SPC : f i l e SPC " c : / u s e r s / m a r i o / d
e s k t o p / c o p m <backspace> <backspace> m p l
e t e d . w a <C-backspace> <C-backspace> n o <backspace>
<backspace> w h <backspace> <backspace> a s d f . w
a v " ) ) <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu> <send-emacs-bug
-report>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp w32-common-fns disp-table w32-win
w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
w32 multi-tty emacs)