Subject: 24.3; line number section width problem

From: Rostyslav Skrypnyk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 22:15:14 +0200

Hi! I experienced a bug in Emacs when displaying line numbers, its
section width is not large enough.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin, NS apple-appkit-1038.36)
of 2013-03-13 on bob.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1265
Configured using:
`configure '--host=x86_64-apple-darwin' '--build=i686-apple-darwin'
'--with-ns' 'build_alias=i686-apple-darwin'
'host_alias=x86_64-apple-darwin' 'CC=gcc -mmacosx-version-min=10.7
-isystem
/Users/david/Xcode-10.7_4.5.2/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.7.sdk/usr/include/
-F/Users/david/Xcode-10.7_4.5.2/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.7.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks''

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: nil
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Custom

Minor modes in effect:
  global-linum-mode: t
  linum-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<backspace> <backspace> C-h f a b b r e v <tab> SPC 
m o <tab> <return> C-x 1 M-x a b b <tab> m <tab> <return> 
C-x C-f ~ / e <backspace> . e m <tab> <return> C-x 
h s-c <help-echo> C-x k <return> ! f n p w w <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <return> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 1 1 
. <backspace> / <backspace> SPC S e p C-d SPC <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> C-x C-s <backspace> - C-x s y <wheel-down> 
<double-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> 
<triple-wheel-down> <wheel-up> <double-wheel-up> <wheel-down> 
M-x h s <tab> <return> C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-c @ C-h C-c @ C-s 
M-x h s <tab> <tab> m i <tab> <return> M-< C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-c C-n C-c C-n <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> 
<left> C-M-j s-z <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-M-q <left> <left> <right> <right> 
<wheel-down> <double-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> 
<triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> 
<wheel-up> <double-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> 
<triple-wheel-up> <wheel-down> <double-wheel-down> 
<triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> <wheel-up> 
<double-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> 
<triple-wheel-up> <wheel-down> <double-wheel-down> 
<triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> 
<wheel-up> <double-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> <wheel-down> 
<double-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> 
<wheel-up> <double-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> 
<triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> 
<wheel-down> <double-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> 
<wheel-down> <double-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> 
<wheel-down> <double-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> 
M-x c u s t o m i z e SPC g r o u p <return> <return> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> l i n e SPC n u m b e r <return> C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n <return> <backspace> <return> C-n 
C-n C-b <return> <return> C-n C-n C-n C-b <return> 
<return> C-n C-n C-n C-b <return> <return> C-n C-n 
C-n C-b <return> C-n C-e C-n C-e C-b <return> C-p C-p 
C-a C-a C-a C-b C-b C-a <return> M-x r e p o r t <tab> 
<return>

Recent messages:
Mark set
Indenting SUBROUTINE UEL...
Inserting UEL.
Indenting SUBROUTINE UEL...done
Auto-saving...done
byte-code: Beginning of buffer
Creating customization items...
Creating customization items ...done
Resetting customization items...done
Creating customization setup...done
scroll-down-command: Beginning of buffer

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils hideshow mailabbrev apropos f90 cus-edit wid-edit help-mode
dired auctex-autoloads tex-site info easymenu fullscreen-mode-autoloads
package uniquify advice help-fns cl-lib advice-preload deeper-blue-theme
linum electric cus-start cus-load time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process ns multi-tty emacs)