Subject: bug#18452: closed (Re: bug#18452: 24.3; line number section width problem)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 14:02:04 +0000

Your bug report

#18452: 24.3; line number section width problem

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
18452: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=18452
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#18452: 24.3; line number section width problem
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Rostyslav Skrypnyk <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 14:01:26 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Rostyslav Skrypnyk <[email-masked]> writes:

> Please do :).
>
> Regards,
> Rostyslav
>
> On Wed, 19 Aug 2020 at 15:41, Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> wrote:
[...]
>> If I understand correctly, the issue here has been resolved, and there
>> has been no further updates within 6 years.  So is there anything more
>> to do here, or should this bug be closed?

Thanks, closing the bug with this message.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas

Subject: 24.3; line number section width problem
From: Rostyslav Skrypnyk <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 22:15:14 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi! I experienced a bug in Emacs when displaying line numbers, its
section width is not large enough.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin, NS apple-appkit-1038.36)
of 2013-03-13 on bob.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1265
Configured using:
`configure '--host=x86_64-apple-darwin' '--build=i686-apple-darwin'
'--with-ns' 'build_alias=i686-apple-darwin'
'host_alias=x86_64-apple-darwin' 'CC=gcc -mmacosx-version-min=10.7
-isystem
/Users/david/Xcode-10.7_4.5.2/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.7.sdk/usr/include/
-F/Users/david/Xcode-10.7_4.5.2/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.7.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks''

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: nil
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Custom

Minor modes in effect:
  global-linum-mode: t
  linum-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<backspace> <backspace> C-h f a b b r e v <tab> SPC 
m o <tab> <return> C-x 1 M-x a b b <tab> m <tab> <return> 
C-x C-f ~ / e <backspace> . e m <tab> <return> C-x 
h s-c <help-echo> C-x k <return> ! f n p w w <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <return> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 1 1 
. <backspace> / <backspace> SPC S e p C-d SPC <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> C-x C-s <backspace> - C-x s y <wheel-down> 
<double-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> 
<triple-wheel-down> <wheel-up> <double-wheel-up> <wheel-down> 
M-x h s <tab> <return> C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-c @ C-h C-c @ C-s 
M-x h s <tab> <tab> m i <tab> <return> M-< C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-c C-n C-c C-n <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> 
<left> C-M-j s-z <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-M-q <left> <left> <right> <right> 
<wheel-down> <double-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> 
<triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> 
<wheel-up> <double-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> 
<triple-wheel-up> <wheel-down> <double-wheel-down> 
<triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> <wheel-up> 
<double-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> 
<triple-wheel-up> <wheel-down> <double-wheel-down> 
<triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> 
<wheel-up> <double-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> <wheel-down> 
<double-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> 
<wheel-up> <double-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> 
<triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> 
<wheel-down> <double-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> 
<wheel-down> <double-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> 
<wheel-down> <double-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> 
M-x c u s t o m i z e SPC g r o u p <return> <return> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> l i n e SPC n u m b e r <return> C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n <return> <backspace> <return> C-n 
C-n C-b <return> <return> C-n C-n C-n C-b <return> 
<return> C-n C-n C-n C-b <return> <return> C-n C-n 
C-n C-b <return> C-n C-e C-n C-e C-b <return> C-p C-p 
C-a C-a C-a C-b C-b C-a <return> M-x r e p o r t <tab> 
<return>

Recent messages:
Mark set
Indenting SUBROUTINE UEL...
Inserting UEL.
Indenting SUBROUTINE UEL...done
Auto-saving...done
byte-code: Beginning of buffer
Creating customization items...
Creating customization items ...done
Resetting customization items...done
Creating customization setup...done
scroll-down-command: Beginning of buffer

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils hideshow mailabbrev apropos f90 cus-edit wid-edit help-mode
dired auctex-autoloads tex-site info easymenu fullscreen-mode-autoloads
package uniquify advice help-fns cl-lib advice-preload deeper-blue-theme
linum electric cus-start cus-load time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process ns multi-tty emacs)