Subject: bug#18451: closed (Re: bug#18451: 24.4.50; 'toggle-frame-fullscreen' can cut off minibuffer)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 18:26:02 +0000

Your bug report

#18451: 24.4.50; 'toggle-frame-fullscreen' can cut off minibuffer

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
18451: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=18451
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#18451: 24.4.50; 'toggle-frame-fullscreen' can cut off minibuffer
From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
To: Matthew Leach <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 19:24:39 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> I have added a remark about this to the doc-string of
> `toggle-frame-fullscreen'.  Can we close this bug?

Closing this now.  If the issue reemerges we'll have to dig deeper.

martin

Subject: 24.4.50; 'toggle-frame-fullscreen' can cut off minibuffer
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 17:20:29 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

On occasion when making Emacs full-screen using the new
'toggle-frame-fullscreen' the mode line will be chopped off as well as
the scroll bars (see attached screenshot).

The bug seems to be non-deterministic as it only happens on occasion.

To reproduce from emacs -q:

'toggle-frame-fullscreen'

Simply rinse and repeat until the bug is seen.

Thanks,
Matt

In GNU Emacs 24.4.50.1 (armv7l-unknown-linux-gnueabihf, GTK+ Version 2.24.24)
 of 2014-09-11 on alarm
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11600000
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/usr/local'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2
FREETYPE XFT ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: C
  locale-coding-system: nil

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x r e p o r t <tab> e <backspace> <backspace> <tab> 
<return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
/home/matthew/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20140820.1251/tq hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.4.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/tq

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils smartparens byte-opt dash conf-toplev
conf-ssh-agent conf-windmove windmove conf-whitespace conf-theme
conf-slime slime-repl elp cl-macs cl gv slime-parse bytecomp
byte-compile cconv slime etags arc-mode archive-mode noutline outline
easy-mmode pp hyperspec browse-url conf-faces hl-sexp thingatpt
conf-eshell em-term term disp-table ehelp em-smart pcomplete comint
ansi-color ring esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg
eldoc esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util conf-erc conf-emms
emms-cache emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info emms-playlist-mode
emms-player-vlc advice help-fns emms-source-playlist emms-source-file
locate dired emms-player-mplayer emms-playing-time emms-player-simple
emms-info later-do emms-setup emms-mode-line emms emms-compat conf-elisp
conf-packages tex-site slime-autoloads info easymenu package conf-dir
conf-dired conf-c-mode conf-auctex conf-asm conf-ace-jump conf-personal
ido edmacro kmacro cl-loaddefs cl-lib paren time-date tooltip electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 169696 7231)
 (symbols 24 28749 0)
 (miscs 20 96 150)
 (strings 16 46586 5074)
 (string-bytes 1 1252189)
 (vectors 8 21860)
 (vector-slots 4 528797 2716)
 (floats 8 125 223)
 (intervals 28 259 186)
 (buffers 520 12)
 (heap 1024 18836 925))