Subject: bug#18438: 24.4.50; assertion failed in bidi.c

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 10:54:50 +1300

On Wed, 22 Oct 2014 16:39:42 -0400, Ken Brown wrote:
> Here's one more random idea.  In case this problem is caused by a bug
> in one of the libraries that Emacs depends on, I wonder if it would 
> be
> useful for Aidan to build emacs so that it depends on only those
> libraries that he absolutely needs.  (Aidan, you can use cygcheck or
> ldd to see which DLLs Emacs pulls in.)  If, by some miracle, the
> crashes and assertion violations stop, he can add them back in one by
> one to see which one is the culprit.

Welp, another one bites the dust.  Asserts still happening.

$ ldd src/emacs.exe
         ntdll.dll => /cygdrive/c/Windows/SYSTEM32/ntdll.dll 
(0x76ff0000)
         kernel32.dll => /cygdrive/c/Windows/system32/kernel32.dll 
(0x76d70000)
         KERNELBASE.dll => /cygdrive/c/Windows/system32/KERNELBASE.dll 
(0x7fefd6b0000)
         cygwin1.dll => /usr/bin/cygwin1.dll (0x180040000)
         cygncursesw-10.dll => /usr/bin/cygncursesw-10.dll (0x3faa30000)
         cygxml2-2.dll => /usr/bin/cygxml2-2.dll (0x3f9640000)
         cygiconv-2.dll => /usr/bin/cygiconv-2.dll (0x3fd0f0000)
         cygz.dll => /usr/bin/cygz.dll (0x3f9620000)
         cyggcc_s-seh-1.dll => /usr/bin/cyggcc_s-seh-1.dll (0x3fd890000)
         ADVAPI32.dll => /cygdrive/c/Windows/system32/ADVAPI32.dll 
(0x7fefdd20000)
         msvcrt.dll => /cygdrive/c/Windows/system32/msvcrt.dll 
(0x7feff070000)
         sechost.dll => /cygdrive/c/Windows/SYSTEM32/sechost.dll 
(0x7fefda30000)
         RPCRT4.dll => /cygdrive/c/Windows/system32/RPCRT4.dll 
(0x7fefdad0000)
         COMCTL32.dll => 
/cygdrive/c/Windows/WinSxS/amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.17514_none_fa396087175ac9ac/COMCTL32.dll 
(0x7fefbe70000)
         GDI32.dll => /cygdrive/c/Windows/system32/GDI32.dll 
(0x7fefda50000)
         USER32.dll => /cygdrive/c/Windows/system32/USER32.dll 
(0x76c70000)
         LPK.dll => /cygdrive/c/Windows/system32/LPK.dll (0x7feff110000)
         USP10.dll => /cygdrive/c/Windows/system32/USP10.dll 
(0x7fefdc00000)
         SHLWAPI.dll => /cygdrive/c/Windows/system32/SHLWAPI.dll 
(0x7fefe070000)
         comdlg32.dll => /cygdrive/c/Windows/system32/comdlg32.dll 
(0x7fefefd0000)
         SHELL32.dll => /cygdrive/c/Windows/system32/SHELL32.dll 
(0x7fefe240000)
         ole32.dll => /cygdrive/c/Windows/system32/ole32.dll 
(0x7fefde60000)
         IMM32.DLL => /cygdrive/c/Windows/system32/IMM32.DLL 
(0x7fefe210000)
         MSCTF.dll => /cygdrive/c/Windows/system32/MSCTF.dll 
(0x7fefd820000)