Subject: Re: bug#18438: 24.4.50; assertion failed in bidi.c

From: Ken Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 17:12:26 -0400

On 10/21/2014 3:38 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 16:59:18 -0400, Ken Brown wrote:
>> On 10/20/2014 12:51 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>>> Another idea I have is to collect information about the Emacs build
>>> from all the 4 people who experience these problems, and look for
>>> common libraries or versions of libraries used for the build, like
>>> dbus, glib, maybe the Cygwin runtime versions, etc.
>>
>> Aidan does his own build, and I assume he has the current releases of
>> all the relevant libraries (and Cygwin DLL) installed.  Is that right,
>> Aidan?  The other people who have reported this problem all use my
>> build of Emacs for the Cygwin distribution.
>
> Yes, that is correct.  Which version of Windows are the other four
> people using?  (I'm on Windows 7.)

I'm also on Windows 7, as is Markus (bug#17753).  I don't know about Jon 
(bug#18769).  In any case, I'm about to release emacs-24.4 for the 
Cygwin distribution, with checking enabled.  So we'll probably be 
getting some more data points.

Ken