Subject: Re: bug#18438: 24.4.50; assertion failed in bidi.c

From: Ken Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 12:18:25 -0400

On 10/21/2014 11:42 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 16:59:18 -0400
>> From: Ken Brown <[email-masked]>
>> CC: [email-masked], [email-masked]
>>
>> I'm about to release Emacs-24.4 within the next couple days, so when
>> people update Emacs, the Cygwin setup program should also update all
>> libraries.  That means everyone will have the same versions unless they
>> deliberately choose to keep an old version.
>
> If you build Emacs 24.4 with optimizations, please still specify
> "--enable-checking", because otherwise the assertions that cause 3/4th
> of the problems we have on record will be compiled to nothing, and we
> will be left only with the problem in w32uniscribe.c, which is only
> compiled in the Cygwin-w32 build.

Yes, I'll do that in the x86_64 builds.  I'm also planning to use -Og 
instead of the usual -O2 in those builds.

Ken