Subject: bug#18438: 24.4.50; assertion failed in bidi.c

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 10:27:49 +0300

> Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 08:29:16 +1300
> From: [email-masked]
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
> 
> On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 08:13:16 +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> >> Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 13:58:20 +1300
> >> From: [email-masked]
> >> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
> >>
> >> OK, crashed again, and here's the threads' backtraces.
> >
> > Thanks.  Is this with or without the stack size increase to 8MB?
> 
> This includes the stack size increase made my Ken's commit, and and a 
> clean build after that change was pulled in.

I see.  So one more theory eats dust.

Let's try to get a couple more full backtraces like this one, in case
some pattern emerges that could give us some ideas.

Ken, isn't it strange that these crashes are reported by so few
people?  Or does it mean that only those people are using the 64-bit
Cygwin-w32 build?  Maybe it would be worth asking on the Cygwin list,
and getting us some usage statistics for this build, like how many are
using it, and how much uptime each one can generally report?  Then, if
only some of them get the crashes, we could try figuring out what are
the differences between their systems.

Thanks.