Subject: bug#18438: 24.4.50; assertion failed in bidi.c

From: Aidan Gauland <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 06:55:49 +1200

There does not appear to be any pattern to this.  Sometimes it happens
when I'm typing in an ERC buffer; sometimes it happens when I'm typing
in a python-mode buffer; sometimes it happens when I'm typing in the
minibuffer.  I don't think it has happened when I was *not* sending
keystrokes to Emacs, but nothing else is apparently common between the
situations in which this happens.

On 10/09/14 12:16, Stefan Monnier wrote:
>> With no apparent pattern, I am getting an "assertion failed" (which, of
>> course terminates Emacs):
>> src/bidi.c:329: Emacs fatal error: assertion failed: UNKNOWN_BT <= type &&
>> type <= NEUTRAL_ON
> 
> Can you give a recipe to reproduce the problem, or at least describe in
> which circumstance this occurred?
> 
> 
>         Stefan
>