Subject: bug#18438: 24.4.50; assertion failed in bidi.c

From: Ken Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 22:40:27 -0400

On 9/30/2014 7:06 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Sep 2014 19:27:37 +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>>> Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 12:09:32 -0400
>>> From: Ken Brown <[email-masked]>
>>> CC: [email-masked]
>>>
>>> Wouldn't it make sense for him to first see if your recent fix of the
>>> "Current trunk aborts with MinGW" problem also fixes the present bug?
>>
>> Could be, yes.  I actually thought about this possibility, but didn't
>> mention it because I couldn't come up with a scenario where that bug
>> could have triggered such strange problems, and only in bidi.c.  But
>> it does no harm to try applying that patch first, and only apply this
>> one if that doesn't help.
>
> And where is this patch?  I don't keep up with the happenings on trunk.

It was applied to the emacs-24 branch today, as bzr revision 117524.

Ken