Subject: bug#18437: 24.3.93; cursor changes color and size at end of line

From: David Reitter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 17:12:29 -0400

Set cursor color and type:

(setq default-frame-alist
	    '((cursor-type . 'bar)
	      (cursor-color . "red")))

Then resize the frame so that the window is just about wide enough to displ=
ay one of the lines in the current buffer.

Move point to end of one of the longest line.

Note cursor changes color to black.  Move point one to the left, and cursor=
will change back to what it's supposed to be.

Also (not demonstrated here), the cursor will change size to small if the default face in this buffer is enlarged with an entry in `face-remapping-alist'.

I’ve only noticed this today after merging the latest changes on the -24 branch into my Aquamacs branch, so this looks like a regression to me.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.93.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.3.0, NS apple-appkit-1265.21)
of 2014-08-15 on builder10-9.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1265
Configured using:
`configure --with-ns'

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  which-function-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> <help-echo> C-h l <f11> <f11> <f11> <f11>=20
C-h k <f11> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>=20
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> C-h=20
f r e c t a n g l e - m a r k <tab> <return> <help-echo>=20
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> C-x=20
C-w <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-x 0 <wheel-left> <double-wheel-left>=20
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <right> <right> <right> <right>=20
<right> <left> <left> <right> s-t s-t <down-mouse-1>=20
<mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> s-n C-x b <switch-frame>=20
* s c s-w <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> s-w C-x 0 C-x b=20
* s c r <tab> <return> ( s e d t q <backspace> <backspace>=20
<backspace> t q SPC c u r s o r - t y p e C-x C-e SPC=20
' b <backspace> b a r ) C-x C-e <return> ( s e t q=20
SPC c u r s o r - c o l o r C-x C-e C-q C-x 0 C-x b=20
<up> <up> <backspace> <tab> <tab> r e <tab> <kp-delete>=20
<kp-delete> <kp-delete> <kp-delete> <kp-delete> <kp-delete>=20
<kp-delete> <kp-delete> <kp-delete> <kp-delete> <kp-delete>=20
<return> <f1> <escape> <down> <escape> : ( s e t q=20
SPC c u r s o r - t y p e SPC ' b a r ) <return> <up>=20
<down> C-e <left> <right> s-+ <help-echo> <down-mouse-1>=20
<mouse-1> <return> s-v C-x 5 2 <switch-frame> <wheel-right>=20
<wheel-right> <wheel-right> <wheel-right> <double-wheel-right>=20
<switch-frame> C-x b <return> <return> <return> s-v=20
<left> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> ( c u r s o r - t y=20
p e SPC . SPC ' b a r ) <return> <down> <left> C-x=20
C-e C-x 5 2 <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <switch-frame>=20
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <double-down-mouse-1> <double-mouse-1>=20
r e d <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <double-down-mouse-1>=20
<double-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <double-down-mouse-1>=20
<double-mouse-1> <backspace> r e d <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>=20
C-x C-e C-x 5 2 <help-echo> <left> <right> <right>=20
<left> <left> <right> <left> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement>=20
<mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1> s-c <menu-bar> <help-menu>=20
<send-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
delete-forward-char: End of buffer [2 times]
<f1> ESC is undefined
bar
s-+ is undefined
command-execute: Buffer is read-only: #<buffer rect.el.gz> [2 times]
<wheel-right> is undefined [3 times]
<nil> <wheel-right> is undefined
<nil> <double-wheel-right> is undefined
Mark set
((cursor-type quote bar) (cursor-color . "palegoldenrod"))
((cursor-type quote bar) (cursor-color . "red"))

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils debug jka-compr find-func kmacro help-fns
help-mode easymenu ghostedit ghostedit-stopwords-en easy-mmode
which-func imenu time-date tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process cocoa ns
multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 84416 7036)
(symbols 48 17785 0)
(miscs 40 199 298)
(strings 32 13261 4161)
(string-bytes 1 369799)
(vectors 16 9927)
(vector-slots 8 441014 8178)
(floats 8 101 613)
(intervals 56 523 19)
(buffers 960 16))