Subject: nnimap: all mails in INBOX maked as read

From: [email-masked] (Pär Lindfors)
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2014 14:08:50 +0200

Dear Gnus developers,

I have been using Gnus for reading mails for a few years. I have
recently stopped using nnmaildir and started using nnimap instead. Two
IMAP servers are configured using nnimap as gnus-select-method and in
gnus-secondary-select-methods.

Three times now I have run into a bug where suddenly all mails in INBOX
are marked as read, and mails in INBOX that was ticked are no longer
ticked. Mails in other folders have not been affected.

This have happened two times on the primary server and once on the
secondary.

Unfortunately I can't tell exactly when this happens. I have discovered
it after checking for new mail, which I do by pressing "3 g" in the
*Group* buffer.

I do not access my mail using any other IMAP clients or from any other
computers.

Both IMAP servers run Dovecot:
 dovecot 1.2.4-1 on CentOS 6
 dovecot-imapd 1:2.2.9-1ubuntu2.1 on Ubuntu 12.04

The computer where I run gnus is a laptop, that changes its IP address
frequently. Because of this I occasionally have to use C-g when checking
for new mails since Gnus does not realize that its connection is gone.

Regards,
Pär Lindfors

Gnus v5.13
GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.7)
 of 2014-03-07 on lamiak, modified by Debian