Subject: Re: bug#18428: coreutils binary breaks coreutils documentation

From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2014 20:12:40 +0200

Bob Proulx <[email-masked]> writes:

> For instance, in the touch(1) man page:
>
>   The full documentation for touch is maintained as a Texinfo manual.  If
>   the info and touch programs are properly installed at  your  site,  the
>   command
>
>          info coreutils 'touch invocation'
>
>   should give you access to the complete manual.
>
> This is now incorrect (as of 8.23?), because it gives the page:

"info touch" still works, which is equivalent to "info '(coreutils)touch
invocation'".

> Note: Since the coreutils utility doesn't seem to exist in Debian, this
> section could be removed, but this problem may reappear in the future.
> So, it's better to use the capital letter C.

Having info dir entries only differing in case seems like a bad idea.

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, [email-masked]
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756  01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."