Subject: Re: bug#18405: 24.3.93; bat-mode.el

From: Achim Gratz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2014 20:39:48 +0200

Stefan Monnier writes:
> When can variable refs be of the form %name or !name
> (i.e. without the terminating % or !)?

These are so-called parameter variables; more specifically loop
variables and arguments, these must be single alpha character or
numerical.  There are also local variables when you enable extended
syntax, but they localize the environment variables and thus keep their
syntax.

I think that's the best syntax description (and most concise) I've found
so far:

http://ss64.com/nt/syntax-variables.html
http://ss64.com/nt/syntax-args.html

Regards,
Achim.
-- 
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+

SD adaptations for Waldorf Q V3.00R3 and Q+ V3.54R2:
http://Synth.Stromeko.net/Downloads.html#WaldorfSDada