Subject: Re: bug#18405: 24.3.93; bat-mode.el

From: Achim Gratz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2014 22:51:04 +0200

Stefan Monnier writes:
> I know nothing of cmd.exe's syntax and the general thrust of the change
> sounds good, but: the above matches "%foo\nbar", which is probably not
> right.  When can variable refs be of the form %name or !name
> (i.e. without the terminating % or !)?

I haven't tried embedded newlines (or rather \r\n as it were) in
variable names.  Just like the embedded '%' character they probably are
possible somehow, but mostly useless.  So it would make sense to exclude
them (embedded whitespace is also somewhat iffy, but it tends to work
surprisingly well within CMD itself).  The syntax for variable names in
CMD does not seem to be specified formally, at least I haven't found
anything.

Regards,
Achim.
-- 
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER:
http://Synth.Stromeko.net/Downloads.html#KomplexerWaves