Subject: 24.4.50; emerge-files fails for org files

From: Detlev Zundel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2014 22:57:13 +0200

Before starting emacs, create two files with .org suffix, i.e. "touch
/tmp/{foo,bar}.org" then in emacs do M-x emerge-files /tmp/foo.org
/tmp/bar.org.  This produces the error

org-overview: `recenter'ing a window that does not display current-buffer.

The relevant call is in org-overview and seems to be there since this
commit:

commit 58d5a55e49eb83a61f5c5eabd76be7c15ea3214a
Author: Bastien Guerry <[email-masked]>
Date:   Thu Feb 28 01:31:26 2013 +0100

    Merge latest Org fixes (commit 7524ef2).

In GNU Emacs 24.4.50.3 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.12.2)
 of 2014-09-03 on deepthought
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11600000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux unstable (sid)

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG SOUND DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS NOTIFY GNUTLS LIBXML2
FREETYPE LIBOTF XFT ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> <escape> x e m e r g e - f i o l e <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> l e s <return> C-a C-k / t 
m p / f o o . o r g <return> C-a C-k / t m p / b a 
z . <backspace> <backspace> r . o r g <return> <escape> 
x r e p o r t - b u <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
File mode specification error: (error "`recenter'ing a window that does not display current-buffer.") [2 times]
org-overview: `recenter'ing a window that does not display current-buffer.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
org-element org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus gnus-util
org-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode dired cl-loaddefs cl-lib
org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m org byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile
cconv advice help-fns org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete
org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp
ob-comint comint ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu easymenu calendar
cal-loaddefs emerge time-date tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 141381 8688)
 (symbols 48 25893 0)
 (miscs 40 127 77)
 (strings 32 36494 5108)
 (string-bytes 1 1115412)
 (vectors 16 17319)
 (vector-slots 8 469329 4023)
 (floats 8 114 63)
 (intervals 56 354 65)
 (buffers 976 16)
 (heap 1024 41112 953))

-- 
Practice random senselessness and act kind of beautiful.