Subject: bug#184: Resolved underline problem needs to be reflected in etc/PROBLEMS

From: [email-masked]
Date: 3 May 2008 17:38:19 -0000

>From etc/PROBLEMS:

  ** Underlines appear at the wrong position.
  
  This is caused by fonts having a wrong UNDERLINE_POSITION property.
  Examples are the font 7x13 on XFree prior to version 4.1, or the jmk
  neep font from the Debian xfonts-jmk package.  To circumvent this
  problem, set x-use-underline-position-properties to nil in your
  `.emacs'.
  
xfonts-jmk_3.0.17 and later have a correct UNDERLINE_POSITION, so this
should read:

  ** Underlines appear at the wrong position.
  
  This is caused by fonts having a wrong UNDERLINE_POSITION property.
  Examples are the font 7x13 on XFree prior to version 4.1, or the jmk
  neep font from the Debian xfonts-jmk package prior to version
  3.0.17.  To circumvent this problem, set
  x-use-underline-position-properties to nil in your `.emacs'.

Derek