Subject: mm-view-pkcs7-verify ignores mml-smime-use

From: Jens Lechtenboerger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2014 16:21:19 +0200

Hi there,

I use mml-smime-use to prefer EPG over OpenSSL.  However,
mm-view-pkcs7-verify ignores that variable and calls
smime-verify-region (which uses OpenSSL).

For signed e-mails with
Content-Type: application/pkcs7-mime; name="smime.p7m";
   smime-type=signed-data
this results in the error message: "No CA configured"
(And the e-mail is displayed in base64 encoded form; the text is not
shown.)

In contrast, mm-view-pkcs7-decrypt does observe mml-smime-use to
choose between EPG and OpenSSL.

Best wishes
Jens

Ma Gnus v0.10
GNU Emacs 24.3.93.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1)
 of 2014-08-18 on pcwi7557