Subject: bug#18393: mm-view-pkcs7-verify ignores mml-smime-use

From: Jens Lechtenboerger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2019 17:04:09 +0200

On 2019-09-27, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:

> Jens Lechtenboerger <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> One addition: If verification fails, just an empty buffer is shown,
>> without any indication what went wrong.  An error message would be
>> nice, also an option to see the text anyways.
>
> Yes, that's true.  Could you send me a couple of messages where
> verification should fail for me so that I can test?  Perhaps we should
> start building a test suite...

Actually, I was too fast.  I had a problem with my keyring, which
resulted in verification errors, which in turn resulted in empty
buffers.  I’m not sure how to test this.

Attached you find an e-mail where I just changed some bytes in the
text, keeping the old signature.  Verification fails, but the
messages is displayed without any indication of the verification
failure.

Best wishes
Jens