Subject: bug#18389: closed (Re: bug#18389: 24.3.93; HMS substraction in Calc hangs Emacs)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2014 01:12:02 +0000

Your bug report

#18389: 24.3.93; HMS substraction in Calc hangs Emacs

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
18389: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=18389
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#18389: 24.3.93; HMS substraction in Calc hangs Emacs
From: Jay Belanger <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] (H. Dieter Wilhelm)
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2014 20:10:59 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Fixed in bzr.

Subject: 24.3.93; HMS substraction in Calc hangs Emacs
From: [email-masked] (H. Dieter Wilhelm)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 12:16:02 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

`emacs -Q'.  Please open Calc (C-x * *) and type `@ 1 RET', `@ 2 RET'
and `-' (substract 2 minutes from 1 min.).  This hangs Emacs seemingly
for ever, even though substraction with negative results are permitted
for hours (`1 @ RET', `2 @ RET' and `-').

Thanks for Calc

       Dieter

In GNU Emacs 24.3.93.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.24)
 of 2014-08-27 on vsl28t2g
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11600000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux testing (jessie)

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  gnus-topic-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<return> / j o i n SPC x o r g <return> <f3> g <f4> 
C-p C-p C-p C-p <return> M l e h l ! w 1 <return> C-c 
C-c <return> <up> <return> <up> <up> <return> <return> 
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> <mouse-1> <f3> g g 
p <return> SPC y q g <up> <up> <up> <down> <return> 
<return> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> q M-x 
b b <return> p o s t a u <backspace> <return> b p o 
s t <return> C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n J j J j q J j M-x e m a c s - C-g M-x v e r 
s i o n <return> M-x e m a c s - b u <backspace> <backspace> 
r e <M-backspace> <M-backspace> r e p <tab> o r C-, 
C-j

Recent messages:
No more unread articles
Formatting BBDB...done.
Formatting BBDB...done.
J is undefined
j is undefined
J is undefined
j is undefined
Quit
GNU Emacs 24.3.93.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.24) of 2014-08-27 on vsl28t2g
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-awk hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-awk
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-ref hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-ref
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-archive hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-archive
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-io hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-io
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-exp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-exp
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-info hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-info
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-keys hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-keys
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ox-org hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ox-org
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-rmail hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-rmail
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-asymptote hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-makefile hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-makefile
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-calc hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-calc
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-java hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-java
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ox hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ox
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-compat hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-compat
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-ctags hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-ctags
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-src hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-src
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-feed hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-feed
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-ditaa hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-faces hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-faces
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-js hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-js
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-version hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-version
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ox-beamer hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ox-beamer
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-lob hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-lob
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ox-texinfo hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ox-texinfo
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-indent hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-indent
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-fortran hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-fortran
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-ledger hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-ledger
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-clock hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-clock
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-sass hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-sass
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-css hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-css
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-habit hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-habit
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ox-md hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ox-md
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-docview hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-docview
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-comint hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-comint
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-entities hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-entities
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-element hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-element
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-gnus hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-gnus
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-latex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-latex
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-R hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-R
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-gnuplot hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-plantuml hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-table hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-table
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-picolisp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-bbdb hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-dot hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-dot
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-lilypond hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-shen hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-shen
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-capture hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-capture
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-ruby hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-attach hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-attach
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-eval hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-eval
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-perl hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-perl
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-macro hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-macro
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-octave hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-octave
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-macs hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-macs
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-org hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-org
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-w3m hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-w3m
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-agenda hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-agenda
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-clojure hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ox-icalendar hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ox-icalendar
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-mouse hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-mouse
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-haskell hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-python hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-python
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-mhe hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-mhe
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-plot hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-plot
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-protocol hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-protocol
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-lisp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-lisp
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-datetree hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-datetree
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ox-ascii hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ox-ascii
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-bibtex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-inlinetask hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-maxima hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-maxima
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-pcomplete hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-scheme hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-scheme
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-sh hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-sh
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-irc hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-irc
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-matlab hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-screen hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-screen
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-emacs-lisp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-sqlite hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ox-latex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ox-latex
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-mobile hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-mobile
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-crypt hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-crypt
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-C hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-C
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ox-publish hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ox-publish
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-colview hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-colview
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-loaddefs hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-core hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-core
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-ocaml hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-tangle hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ox-man hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ox-man
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-table hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-table
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-mscgen hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-timer hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-timer
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-sql hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-sql
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-footnote hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-footnote
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-list hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-list
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-id hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-id
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ox-html hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ox-html
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-scala hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-scala
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-install hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-install
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-eshell hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-eshell
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ox-odt hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ox-odt

Features:
(shadow emacsbug face-remap calc-undo calc-math calc-poly calc-prog
tabify calc-yank calc-mode calc-frac calc-arith calc-misc calc-units
calccomp calc-alg calc-aent calc-menu tramp-cmds tramp-sh tramp-cache
tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver ibuf-ext ibuffer image-file
apropos org-agenda cal-iso cal-move tex-mode compile latexenc pcmpl-unix
dired-aux erc-list erc-menu erc-join erc-ring erc-networks erc-pcomplete
erc-track erc-match erc-button erc-fill erc-stamp erc-netsplit
erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat pp shr-color color gnus-fun
flow-fill canlock eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe help-mode
locate mailalias smtpmail bbdb-message sendmail flyspell ispell nnir
misearch multi-isearch mail-extr gnus-draft sort gnus-cite smiley
url-queue shr browse-url gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-dup qp gnus-ml
url-file url-dired mm-archive url-http url-gw url-cache url-auth
url-handlers utf-7 epa-file epa derived epg gnutls network-stream
starttls gnus-topic nndraft nnmh nnrss xml mm-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util nnfolder nnimap parse-time tls utf7 netrc nnmbox bbdb-gnus
bbdb-mua nnagent nnml gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode
nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 epg-config mm-view mml-smime
smime dig mailcap nntp gnus-cache gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo
nnmail mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems
nnheader mail-utils wid-edit term disp-table ehelp package edmacro
kmacro ffap thingatpt url-parse url-vars paren icomplete dired-x
ob-maxima ob-latex ob-sh shell ob-calc calc-store calc-trail calc-ext
calc calc-loaddefs calc-macs ob-R ob-python ox-koma-letter ox-rss
ox-latex ox-icalendar ox-html ox-ascii ox-publish ox info auth-source
eieio eieio-core mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache view mule-util
cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays
hol-loaddefs appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs battery time bbdb-print
bbdb-com crm mailabbrev bbdb bbdb-site timezone bbdb-loaddefs
org-element org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus gnus-util
org-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode dired org-bibtex bibtex
org-bbdb org-w3m org byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv advice
help-fns org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list
org-faces org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp
ob-comint comint ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu easymenu calendar
cal-loaddefs gnugo cl-loaddefs cl-lib server time-date tooltip electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1279541 202878)
 (symbols 48 54131 37)
 (miscs 40 4047 5945)
 (strings 32 134203 22440)
 (string-bytes 1 5020213)
 (vectors 16 58315)
 (vector-slots 8 1859546 96992)
 (floats 8 1139 1503)
 (intervals 56 322968 4056)
 (buffers 960 119)
 (heap 1024 143518 92735))

-- 
Best wishes
H. Dieter Wilhelm
Darmstadt, Germany