Subject: bug#18381: 24.3.93; Diary can wrongly be displayed in Calendar's window

From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2014 20:38:36 +0200

On Mon, 01 Sep 2014 13:37:41 -0400 Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Stephen Berman wrote:
>
>> the fix should be committed to emacs-24.
>
> At this stage, that depends how severe the problem is (not very IMO),
> and how safe any fix is. 

Ok.  Though it is apparently a regression, I agree it isn't severe,
though a bit jarring.

>                          At first sight, using ACTION = t with
> display-buffer doesn't seem too safe to me.

AFAICS the worst that could happen is the diary (or other calendar
listing generated by using calendar-in-read-only-buffer) being displayed
in two different windows of the same frame, which doesn't seem as bad as
the diary stomping on the calendar.  Or is there another bad effect
you're worried about?

>                                             That code's been the way it
> is for many years, so a bisection to find the cause might be
> informative.

I'm sure it would, but since the only build I have that doesn't show the
issue is from openSUSE of 2014-01-23 and lacks a bzr revno, I'm afraid
this would be quite a time-consuming effort...

Steve Berman