Subject: bug#18359: Macro expansion failure [MSYS2-MinGW64]

From: Angelo Graziosi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 19:16:58 +0200

Il 30/08/2014 18:42, Eli Zaretskii ha scritto:
>> Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 19:37:02 +0300
>> From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>>
>>> Searching for program: no such file or directory, bzr
>>>                                        ????? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ?????
>>
>> Probably because visiting files in a bzr repository invokes
>> "bzr status", and perhaps a few other bzr commands.
>>
>> Why are you using lightweight checkouts?  Just use a normal branch,
>> and all these weird problems will go away.
>
> Or maybe this is some problem with how MSYS2 sets up PATH (assuming
> yuou have just started using MSYS2).  Make sure bzr.exe is on your
> PATH in MSYS2 Bash session where you run "make".
>
Hmm... I build Emacs in the shelle started with

   C:\msys64\mingw64_shell.bat

where

$ echo $PATH
/mingw64/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/c/Windows/system32:/c/Windows:/c/Windows/System32/Wbem:/c/Windows/System32/WindowsPowerShell/v1.0:/usr/bin/vendor_perl:/usr/bin/core_perl

$ gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\gcc.exe
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/4.9.1/lto-wrapper.exe
Target: x86_64-w64-mingw32
Configured with: ../gcc-4.9.1/configure --prefix=/mingw64 
--with-local-prefix=/mingw64/local --build=x86_64-w64-mingw32 
--host=x86_64-w64-mingw32 --target=x86_64-w64-mingw32 
--with-native-system-header-dir=/mingw64/x86_64-w64-mingw32/include 
--libexecdir=/mingw64/lib 
--with-gxx-include-dir=/mingw64/include/c++/4.9.1 --enable-bootstrap 
--with-arch=x86-64 --with-tune=generic 
--enable-languages=c,lto,c++,objc,obj-c++,fortran,ada --enable-shared 
--enable-static --enable-libatomic --enable-threads=posix 
--enable-graphite --enable-fully-dynamic-string 
--enable-libstdcxx-time=yes --disable-libstdcxx-pch 
--disable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-cloog-backend=isl 
--enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --disable-cloog-version-check 
--disable-isl-version-check --enable-lto --enable-libgomp 
--disable-multilib --enable-checking=release --disable-rpath 
--disable-win32-registry --disable-nls --disable-werror 
--disable-symvers --with-libiconv --with-system-zlib --with-gmp=/mingw64 
--with-mpfr=/mingw64 --with-mpc=/mingw64 --with-isl=/mingw64 
--with-cloog=/mingw64 --with-pkgversion='Rev3, Built by MSYS2 project' 
--with-bugurl=http://sourceforge.net/projects/msys2 --with-gnu-as 
--with-gnu-ld
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.9.1 (Rev3, Built by MSYS2 project)

and

$ which bzr
/usr/bin/bzr

I will try with the trunk created by

$ bzr branch bzr://bzr.sv.gnu.org/emacs/trunk emacs

which should not be 'lightweight'... Right?

Ciao,
  Angelo.