Subject: bug#18357: 24.3.93; Calendar not fully displayed

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 20:08:55 +0200

> Are you sure fit-window-to-buffer was called?  My reading of
 > calendar.el is that it isn't in this scenario.

It is.

 >> For Stephen's the estimate is for a non-selected window and `calendar'
 >> selects the window _after_ `fit-window-to-buffer' was executed.
 >
 > See above: are you sure?

Yes.  Stephen please verify.

 >> If you have a better explanation, I'll be all ears.
 >
 > I don't see what I need to explain.  From my POV, what we see here is
 > all normal, as I already explained in my original response to Stephen.

The problem is that `fit-window-to-buffer' shouldn't leave a line
partially visible.  At least not in the case at hand where there's
plenty of space.

 > Then you agree with me: there's no problem here, just normal reaction
 > to the fact that point entered a partially visible line.

See above.  Stephen, does it fit if you make the font of a non-active
mode line just as high as that of an active one?

martin