Subject: bug#18357: 24.3.93; Calendar not fully displayed

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 19:46:34 +0300

> Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 18:40:39 +0200
> From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
> CC: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
>  > The original report was about mode-line face causing the problem.  Are
>  > you saying that the problem is not the face, but the lack of sit-for
>  > somewhere?
> 
> The mode line face specifies the height of the mode line.  IIUC
> `fit-window-to-buffer' gets this height via CURRENT_MODE_LINE_HEIGHT (in
> dispextern.h) which is likely wrong if the font has not been applied yet
> to the target window.

Yes, but the original recipe involved Customize to change the
mode-line face, so in that case the changes in the mode-line face have
propagated long ago by the time "M-x calendar" is invoked.

So I don't see how the above explanation could be relevant to the
original issue.

> Note that we allow the font to change the height of the mode line which
> may partially overwrite the last line(s) of the window text.  This seems
> to backfire here

I see no "backfire".  Emacs scrolls the window to make point fully
visible, that's all.