Subject: Re: bug#18357: 24.3.93; Calendar not fully displayed

From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 16:07:13 +0200

On Sat, 30 Aug 2014 15:34:59 +0300 Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> (ii) Why doesn't "the problem" happen in the trunk build with
>> toolkit scroll bars?  Is this perhaps because Martin's window
>> changes add an extra pixel or two, leaving enough space?
>
> Maybe.

Actually, the difference is due to the horizontal scroll bar, as the
attached screen shot makes clear.

>         Strangely, I can no longer reproduce this on the emacs-24
> branch.  If you still can, fire up 2 Emacsen, one each from either
> branch, put their frames side by side, and compare the dimensions of
> the text area.

The screen shot shows builds from trunk without and with toolkit scroll
bars.  For the former, window-height of the Customize buffer is 26 in
both, while window-height of the Calendar buffer is 8 for the
non-toolkit and 9 for the toolkit build.  Interestingly, it looks to me
like the Customize buffer of the non-toolkit build is 2-3 pixels higher
than that of the toolkit build, but I assume that it due to the exact
height of the horizontal scroll bar, which takes up a line of height.

Steve