Subject: Re: bug#18357: 24.3.93; Calendar not fully displayed

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 15:34:59 +0300

> From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 13:32:24 +0200
> 
> Your analysis is convincing (and makes explicit what I vaguely suspected
> about point being on the last line; moreover, I was mistaken in saying
> that the amount scrolled was different from doing `C-l': it depends on
> which line point is on when you type `C-l', of course).  In addition,
> the workaround is acceptable, so I'm closing this bug.

Thanks.

> Two questions remain for me: (i) Since I use the Calendar pretty much
> daily and the triggering configuration comes up about every four weeks,
> why don't I remember seeing this before? (This isn't a question I think
> you can answer; I guess my memory just isn't good enough.)

You could try paying attention from now on.

> (ii) Why doesn't "the problem" happen in the trunk build with
> toolkit scroll bars?  Is this perhaps because Martin's window
> changes add an extra pixel or two, leaving enough space?

Maybe.  Strangely, I can no longer reproduce this on the emacs-24
branch.  If you still can, fire up 2 Emacsen, one each from either
branch, put their frames side by side, and compare the dimensions of
the text area.