Subject: bug#18343: 24.4.50; REGRESSION: `help-echo' property is not added, so no tooltip or echo

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 09:22:43 -0700 (PDT)

emacs -Q

In *scratch*, evaluate this:

(add-text-properties 1 10 '(help-echo "FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"))

Put the mouse pointer over one of the first 10 chars.  There is no
tooltip.  `M-x tooltip-mode', to turn it off.  Put pointer over the char
again.  There is no echo-area echo.

`C-u C-x =' on one of the first 10 chars.  There is no `help-echo'
property.

Using `put-text-property' instead of `add-text-properties' 
gives the same result.

In Emacs 24.3 or a prior release there is no such problem.

In GNU Emacs 24.4.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2014-08-15 on LEG570
Bzr revision: 117706 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --enable-checking 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3' CPPFLAGS=-DGLYPH_DEBUG=1'