Subject: bug#18337: 24.4.50; apropos fails on "scroll"

From: Detlev Zundel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 15:50:15 +0200

Simply call M-x apropos and enter "scroll".  This produces this error:

mapconcat: Wrong type argument: symbolp, 0

This error does not happen on all strings, but I don't see a clear
picture here.

In GNU Emacs 24.4.50.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.12.2)
 of 2014-08-27 on deepthought
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11600000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux unstable (sid)

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS NOTIFY
GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE LIBOTF XFT ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent input:
<escape> x a p r o p o s <return> s c r o l l <return> 
<escape> x r e p o r t - b u g <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
mapconcat: Wrong type argument: symbolp, 0

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec
rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils apropos time-date
tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp
files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 79506 9305)
 (symbols 48 18257 0)
 (miscs 40 103 114)
 (strings 32 10953 4671)
 (string-bytes 1 299349)
 (vectors 16 9564)
 (vector-slots 8 391713 10077)
 (floats 8 70 63)
 (intervals 56 317 181)
 (buffers 976 13)
 (heap 1024 43147 862))

-- 
Practice random senselessness and act kind of beautiful.