Subject: Re: bug#18331: 24.4.50; REGRESSION, no `C-h k' for `C-g'

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 18:14:26 +0300

> Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 12:01:23 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> > > For me (on Windows) it is 100% reproducible on all of the builds
> > > I mentioned.
> > 
> > I do see it, but only after evaluating that strange form.  If I don't
> > evaluate it, "C-h k" woks as expected.
> 
> Correct.
> 
> (That strange form is from my `custom-file', which is updated by Customize.
> It corresponds to what `custom-set-variables' expects, AFAICT.)

It is strange because you don't need it: global-font-lock-mode is
already turned on by default, since long ago, and font-lock is
preloaded, so there's no need for it in the form, even if you want to
make sure global-font-lock-mode is on.