Subject: Re: bug#1833: 23.0.60; Bug in custom-set-variables sorting

From: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2011 00:28:48 +0200

On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 13:25, Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 21:55, Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> I believe there is a bug the sorting routine in
>> custom-theme-set-variables. The comparision of two symbols does not
>> take the dependency list in account if the symbols compared are not
>> mentioned in their dependency list. However that breaks, eh, what do
>> you call it ..., transity.
>>
>> In other words if one of the two symbols compared has a dependency
>> list and the other not then the first symbols must be sorted after the
>> second.
>
> Does still happen? Do you have a recipe to show the problem, starting
> with "emacs -Q"?

I do not know if it still happens. Has it been fixed somehow?

It is rather cumbersome to make an example for this. Is there anything
unclear with my explanation?