Subject: bug#18310: 24.3.93; relative links don't work in eww and Windows 7

From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 21:37:48 +0100

On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 7:11 PM, Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> wrote:
> João Távora wrote:
>
>> Can anyone verify and install it?
> Sorry, don't have time to test it right now, but I assume you checked
> the basic functionality, and it looks like you can install it yourself
> (in emacs-24 branch)?

I use it daily, but mostly on
http://www.lispworks.com/documentation/HyperSpec/Front/index.htm
which is pretty link-intensive with absolute, relative and anchor links,
but I can't say I've tested exhaustively.

I could, but I'd have to setup my linux box again, which I don't have access
to right now. I could do  emacs development in some other environment, or
I could keep my sanity :-)
Anyway, about next week there should be some time to set it up.

> Would be good to get some automated tests for shr-expand-url.

I could, if I understood it correctly...

> I wonder if it even needs to exist (in trunk); since I doubt
> shr needs some form of url expansion that url.el hasn't already
> implemented.

Precisely, but for some reason Lars used `url-generic-parse-url'
in `shr-parse-base', but not quite. ..

-- 
João Távora