Subject: 24.3.92; Making and using side windows

From: Nicolas Richard <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 17:59:56 +0200

Running this:
emacs -q --eval '(display-buffer-in-major-side-window (current-buffer) (quote right) 0)' -f calendar

I get an error:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Cannot split side window or parent of side window")
  signal(error ("Cannot split side window or parent of side window"))
  error("Cannot split side window or parent of side window")
  byte-code(...)
  split-window(nil nil)
  split-window-below()
  calendar-basic-setup(nil)
  calendar(nil)
  call-interactively(calendar record nil)
  command-execute(calendar record)
  execute-extended-command(nil "calendar")
  call-interactively(execute-extended-command nil nil)
  command-execute(execute-extended-command)

I have no idea if this is a bug because I don't know how the user is
supposed to use/create side windows (see also #18170).

In GNU Emacs 24.3.92.2 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2014-08-07 on geodiff-mac3

-- 
Nico.