Subject: Re: bug#18263: occur-edit-mode can lose its text properties

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2021 17:41:31 +0200

Yuriy Pitometsu <[email-masked]> writes:

> On pure Emacs:
> open some buffer M-s-o for occur
> then e for occur-edit-mode, then M-x replace-regexp [ ^I]+ RET SPC RET
> ;; try to replace excess spaces or tabs by just one space symbol in matched
> strings
>
> Error in minibuffer => Wrong type argument: markerp, nil

Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> writes:

> I guess no-one expected you to edit the start of the line (the line
> number prefix that is not part of the actual source buffer).
> Maybe it should be read-only like the header line is
> (though then you would still get an error trying to replace-regexp).
> Or displayed using an overlay?

In Emacs 28, the stuff at the start of the line (that shouldn't be
removed) has been made read-only, so it looks like somebody fixed this
in the years since it was reported, so I'm closing this bug report.  If
there's still issues in this area, please respond to the debbugs address
and we'll reopen.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no