Subject: Re: bug#18197: 24.3.92; Get rid of ellipsis at beginning of window

From: Nicolas Richard <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 14:34:48 +0100

Hello,

TL;DR: Ping?

FWIW, this bug came from the Org mode ML, see
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2014-11/msg00795.html
but can be reproduced with outline-mode only (which is what I did in the
recipe).

I still don't have a good solution for this problem. My best idea is
something along the lines of

(defun fix-ellipsis ()
  (let ((ws (window-start)))
    (save-excursion
      (goto-char ws)
      (skip-chars-backward "^\n")
      (while (and (not (bobp)) (invisible-p (1- (point))))
        (goto-char (previous-char-property-change (point)))
        (skip-chars-backward "^\n"))
      (redisplay))))
(add-hook 'post-command-hook 'fix-ellipsis)

which is awful.

Does someone know if this is actually a bug or just me having weird
expectations ?

TIA,

-- 
Nicolas Richard