Subject: bug#18195: 24.3.92; window-screen-lines is not accurate

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2014 11:41:26 +0200

>> This would have to be done on the Lisp level by selecting some font
 >> before calculating the size of the overlay.
 >
 > Which font would you select?  I'm talking about a situation where the
 > text over which the candidate list will be popped uses several
 > different fonts, and so each line of the buffer text has a different
 > height.

I would pop up that list in a temporary buffer and run
`window-text-pixel-size' over it.

 >> But I have problems with the attached patch.  If I invoke
 >> `window-text-pixel-size' with a different buffer than that displayed
 >> in the window I get an arguments out of range error.  Any ideas?
 >
 > You switched the current buffer, but not the buffer pointed to by
 > w->contents.

That was the problem, indeed.

Thanks, martin