Subject: Re: bug#18195: 24.3.92; window-screen-lines is not accurate

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2014 14:03:37 +0400

On 08/05/2014 12:38 PM, martin rudalics wrote:
> IIUC
>
> https://github.com/company-mode/company-mode/issues/160#issuecomment-51022508
>
> mentioned in that thread, all you want is to display all lines of a
> completion buffer.  Is that correct?

Not at all. Have you tried Company?

This issue is about completion popup, which displays completions in the 
current buffer and window, in a rectangle rendered using an overlay. 
There are screenshots in that issue thread.

Before the popup is rendered, we need to determine how much of it would 
fit below the current line, and if there's not enough space, we render 
it above the current line.

Even if the buffer is shorter than the window, we can temporarily pad 
it, so when calculating the height of the window, we need to take the 
whole of it into account. That's why `count-screen-line' doesn't seem 
like a good approach either.