Subject: bug#18183: 24.3; table-fixed-width-mode fails with kill/yank

From: Boruch Baum <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2020 11:02:28 -0500

On 2020-12-07 14:53, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> Boruch Baum <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > The mode in its current state isn't absolutely totally useless. It still
> > succeeds in maintaining cell width as long as all words are less than
> > the cell width.
>
> Sure, but the entire point of the mode is to chop too-long words, I
> think?

That's much of its value, yes. But it also serves to suppress cell
expansion in the other case, and instead to perform line-wrapping of the
cell.

> Hm...  perhaps a productive way to try to find what broke this would be
> to try to do some bisection on the table.el file alone, and hope that
> table.el doesn't rely too much on other things in Emacs that have also
> changed over the years.  I'll give it a go.

Thanks.

--
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1  7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0