Subject: bug#18183: 24.3; table-fixed-width-mode fails with kill/yank

From: Boruch Baum <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2014 14:15:16 -0400

typing directly into a cells in tables does not change the size of the
cell when table-fixed-width-mode is set; however, yanking and killing
within a cell does change the size of the cell.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)
 of 2014-06-06 on barber, modified by Debian
System Description:     Debian 7.0 GNU/Linux wheezy/testing

Configured using:
 `configure '--build' 'x86_64-linux-gnu' '--build' 'x86_64-linux-gnu'
 '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
 '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.3/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.3/site-lis\
p:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp'
 '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu' '--with-x=no'
 '--without-gconf' '--without-gsettings' 'build_alias=x86_64-linux-gnu'
 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat
 -Werror=format-security -Wall' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro'
 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  semantic-minor-modes-format: ((:eval (if (or
semantic-highlight-edits-mode semantic-show-unmatched-syntax-mode)  S)))
  desktop-save-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
mule-util cal-move repeat table two-column tabify org-table debug
boxquote apropos rect image-file org-clock tutorial org-element finder
finder-inf lisp-mnt help-mode misearch multi-isearch jka-compr
browse-kill-ring dabbrev ibuf-ext ibuffer org-wl org-w3m org-vm
org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html org-exp
ob-exp org-exp-blocks org-agenda org-info org-gnus gnus-util org-docview
org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
org-footnote org-src ob-comint ob-keys org-pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob org-compat
org-macs ob-eval org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
server vc-git bookmark pp saveplace desktop dired-details+ dired
dired-details uniquify winner csv-mode-autoloads
dired-details+-autoloads dired-details-autoloads dirtree-autoloads
hide-lines-autoloads igrep-autoloads nav-autoloads pager-autoloads
pager-default-keybindings-autoloads revive+-autoloads revive-autoloads
tree-mode-autoloads w3-autoloads w3m-autoloads info web-autoloads
windata-autoloads workgroups2-autoloads package savehist cus-start
cus-load woman man electric paren delsel debian-el debian-el-loaddefs
w3m-load slime-autoloads 50magit ido ess-toolbar ess-mouse mouseme
browse-url ess-menu ess-swv ess-noweb ess-noweb-font-lock-mode
ess-bugs-l essd-els ess-sas-d ess-sas-l ess-sas-a shell pcomplete
ess-sta-d ess-sta-l cc-vars cc-defs make-regexp ess-sp6-d ess-sp3-d
ess-julia ess-r-d ess-tracebug format-spec ess-roxy ess-help
ess-developer ess-r-args eldoc ess-s-l ess ess-inf ess-mode
ess-noweb-mode ess-utils ess-custom executable ess-compat ess-site
emacs-goodies-el emacs-goodies-custom emacs-goodies-loaddefs easy-mmode
ecb cl-macs warnings edmacro kmacro ecb-symboldef ecb-analyse
ecb-compatibility ecb-winman-support ecb-autogen autoload ecb-tod
ecb-cycle ecb-eshell ecb-help ecb-jde ecb-method-browser hideshow
ecb-semantic ecb-file-browser ecb-speedbar ecb-layout compile comint
regexp-opt ansi-color tool-bar ecb-create-layout ecb-compilation
ecb-common-browser time-date assoc speedbar sb-image dframe ecb-navigate
ecb-mode-line ecb-face tree-buffer ecb-upgrade ecb-cedet-wrapper
semantic/db-mode semantic/db-find semantic/db-ref semantic/analyze
semantic/sort semantic/scope semantic/analyze/fcn semantic/db gv
eieio-base semantic/format ezimage image semantic/tag-ls semantic/find
semantic/ctxt semantic/util-modes easymenu semantic/util semantic
semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw eieio byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv mode-local cedet wid-edit ecb-util ring thingatpt
dpkg-dev-el dpkg-dev-el-loaddefs devhelp develock advice help-fns cl
cl-lib advice-preload ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type tabulated-list
newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
multi-tty emacs)

-- 
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1  7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0