Subject: bug#18181: closed (Re: bug#18181: bug in display-buffer-below-selected)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 10:48:03 +0000

Your bug report

#18181: bug in display-buffer-below-selected

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
18181: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=18181
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#18181: bug in display-buffer-below-selected
From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
To: Trevor Jim <[email-masked]>
Cc: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 12:47:02 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

 > > In revision#117435 of the emacs-24 branch I restored the old behavior
 > > for the case where the buffer already appears below the selected window.
 >
 > Maybe the same would be good also for `display-buffer-at-bottom'
 > to reuse the window already displayed at the bottom?

Done.  I also now (re-)use the leftmost suitable window at the bottom of
the frame.  Please have a look.  Closing this bug.

Thanks, martin

PS: I apparently never received this mail here and only incidentally
found it now via http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=18181.

Subject: bug in display-buffer-below-selected
From: Trevor Jim <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2014 10:59:07 +0000 (GMT)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello.  I am seeing what I think is a bug in
display-buffer-below-selected in recent versions of emacs-24.3.

Namely, if you execute display-buffer-below-selected when the buffer
is already in a window below selected, you will get *two* windows
showing the buffer.  A simple test is to run

    (let ((buffer (get-buffer-create "test-buffer")))
      (display-buffer-below-selected buffer nil)
      (display-buffer-below-selected buffer nil))

in *scratch*.

This behavior seems to have been introduced in git commit
    6a5d9e9a3247566bf69575444e2a1f75f5b3e021
in the emacs-24 branch of git://git.savannah.gnu.org/emacs.git

-T