Subject: bug#18180: Acknowledgement (24.3.92; Segfault in mark_object)

From: Mat Smiglarski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2014 22:08:15 +0100

Perhaps this valgrind output is helpful?

The crash is reproducible within a couple of minutes so perhaps someone 
has some advice for running valgrind? (Although --vgdb=yes caused 
valgrind to crash!)

This bug also occurs on 24.3.

Regards,
Mat

▶ valgrind --suppressions=valgrind.supp --track-origins=yes ./temacs -Q
==13689== Memcheck, a memory error detector
==13689== Copyright (C) 2002-2013, and GNU GPL'd, by Julian Seward et 
al.
==13689== Using Valgrind-3.10.0.SVN and LibVEX; rerun with -h for 
copyright info
==13689== Command: ./temacs -Q
==13689==
Loading loadup.el (source)...
Using load-path (/home/zz/src/emacs/lisp)
Loading emacs-lisp/byte-run...
Loading emacs-lisp/byte-run...done
Loading emacs-lisp/backquote...
Loading emacs-lisp/backquote...done
Loading subr...
Loading subr...done
Loading version...
Loading version...done
Loading widget...
Loading widget...done
Loading custom...
Loading custom...done
Loading emacs-lisp/map-ynp...
Loading emacs-lisp/map-ynp...done
Loading international/mule...
Loading international/mule...done
Loading international/mule-conf...
Loading international/mule-conf...done
Loading env...
Loading env...done
Loading format...
Loading format...done
Loading bindings...
Loading bindings...done
Loading cus-start...
Loading cus-start...done
Loading window...
Loading window...done
Loading files...
Loading files...done
Loading emacs-lisp/macroexp...
Loading emacs-lisp/macroexp...done
Loading cus-face...
Loading cus-face...done
Loading faces...
Loading faces...done
Loading button...
Loading button...done
Loading startup...
Loading startup...done
Loading loaddefs.el (source)...
Loading loaddefs.el (source)...done
Loading emacs-lisp/nadvice...
Loading emacs-lisp/nadvice...done
Loading minibuffer...
Loading minibuffer...done
Loading abbrev...
Loading abbrev...done
Loading simple...
Loading simple...done
Loading help...
Loading help...done
Loading jka-cmpr-hook...
Loading jka-cmpr-hook...done
Loading epa-hook...
Loading epa-hook...done
Loading international/mule-cmds...
Loading international/mule-cmds...done
Loading case-table...
Loading case-table...done
Loading international/charprop.el (source)...
Loading international/charprop.el (source)...done
Loading international/characters...
Loading international/characters...done
Loading composite...
Loading composite...done
Loading language/chinese...
Loading language/chinese...done
Loading language/cyrillic...
Loading language/cyrillic...done
Loading language/indian...
Loading language/indian...done
Loading language/sinhala...
Loading language/sinhala...done
Loading language/english...
Loading language/english...done
Loading language/ethiopic...
Loading language/ethiopic...done
Loading language/european...
Loading language/european...done
Loading language/czech...
Loading language/czech...done
Loading language/slovak...
Loading language/slovak...done
Loading language/romanian...
Loading language/romanian...done
Loading language/greek...
Loading language/greek...done
Loading language/hebrew...
Loading language/hebrew...done
Loading language/japanese...
Loading international/cp51932.el (source)...
Loading international/cp51932.el (source)...done
Loading international/eucjp-ms.el (source)...
Loading international/eucjp-ms.el (source)...done
Loading language/japanese...done
Loading language/korean...
Loading language/korean...done
Loading language/lao...
Loading language/lao...done
Loading language/tai-viet...
Loading language/tai-viet...done
Loading language/thai...
Loading language/thai...done
Loading language/tibetan...
Loading language/tibetan...done
Loading language/vietnamese...
Loading language/vietnamese...done
Loading language/misc-lang...
Loading language/misc-lang...done
Loading language/utf-8-lang...
Loading language/utf-8-lang...done
Loading language/georgian...
Loading language/georgian...done
Loading language/khmer...
Loading language/khmer...done
Loading language/burmese...
Loading language/burmese...done
Loading language/cham...
Loading language/cham...done
Loading indent...
Loading indent...done
Loading frame...
Loading frame...done
Loading term/tty-colors...
Loading term/tty-colors...done
Loading font-core...
Loading font-core...done
Loading facemenu...
Loading facemenu...done
Loading emacs-lisp/syntax...
Loading emacs-lisp/syntax...done
Loading font-lock...
Loading font-lock...done
Loading jit-lock...
Loading jit-lock...done
Loading mouse...
Loading mouse...done
Loading scroll-bar...
Loading scroll-bar...done
Loading select...
Loading select...done
Loading emacs-lisp/timer...
Loading emacs-lisp/timer...done
Loading isearch...
Loading isearch...done
Loading rfn-eshadow...
Loading rfn-eshadow...done
Loading menu-bar...
Loading menu-bar...done
Loading emacs-lisp/lisp...
Loading emacs-lisp/lisp...done
Loading textmodes/page...
Loading textmodes/page...done
Loading register...
Loading register...done
Loading textmodes/paragraphs...
Loading textmodes/paragraphs...done
Loading progmodes/prog-mode...
Loading progmodes/prog-mode...done
Loading emacs-lisp/lisp-mode...
Loading emacs-lisp/lisp-mode...done
Loading textmodes/text-mode...
Loading textmodes/text-mode...done
Loading textmodes/fill...
Loading textmodes/fill...done
Loading newcomment...
Loading newcomment...done
Loading replace...
Loading replace...done
Loading emacs-lisp/tabulated-list...
Loading emacs-lisp/tabulated-list...done
Loading buff-menu...
Loading buff-menu...done
Loading fringe...
Loading fringe...done
Loading emacs-lisp/regexp-opt...
Loading emacs-lisp/regexp-opt...done
Loading image...
Loading image...done
Loading international/fontset...
Loading international/fontset...done
Loading dnd...
Loading dnd...done
Loading tool-bar...
Loading tool-bar...done
Loading dynamic-setting...
Loading dynamic-setting...done
Loading x-dnd...
Loading x-dnd...done
Loading term/common-win...
Loading term/common-win...done
Loading term/x-win...
Loading term/x-win...done
Loading mwheel...
Loading mwheel...done
Loading emacs-lisp/float-sup...
Loading emacs-lisp/float-sup...done
Loading vc/vc-hooks...
Loading vc/vc-hooks...done
Loading vc/ediff-hook...
Loading vc/ediff-hook...done
Loading uniquify...
Loading uniquify...done
Loading electric...
Loading electric...done
Loading tooltip...
Loading tooltip...done
Loading leim/leim-list.el (source)...
Loading leim/leim-list.el (source)...done
Finding pointers to doc strings...
Finding pointers to doc strings...done
Pure-hashed: 23777 strings, 3453 vectors, 37160 conses, 3245 bytecodes, 
82 others
==13689== Conditional jump or move depends on uninitialised value(s)
==13689==    at 0xD69EF74: ??? (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpixman-1.so.0.30.2)
==13689==    by 0xD6848AB: ??? (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpixman-1.so.0.30.2)
==13689==    by 0xD639840: pixman_image_composite32 (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpixman-1.so.0.30.2)
==13689==    by 0x7028C56: ??? (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcairo.so.2.11301.0)
==13689==    by 0x7069E23: ??? (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcairo.so.2.11301.0)
==13689==    by 0x705CCBB: ??? (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcairo.so.2.11301.0)
==13689==    by 0x705D69A: ??? (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcairo.so.2.11301.0)
==13689==    by 0x705E596: ??? (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcairo.so.2.11301.0)
==13689==    by 0x701CB26: ??? (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcairo.so.2.11301.0)
==13689==    by 0x702CE5E: ??? (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcairo.so.2.11301.0)
==13689==    by 0x7061503: ??? (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcairo.so.2.11301.0)
==13689==    by 0x702458B: ??? (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcairo.so.2.11301.0)
==13689==  Uninitialised value was created by a stack allocation
==13689==    at 0xD684640: ??? (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpixman-1.so.0.30.2)
==13689==
==13689== Conditional jump or move depends on uninitialised value(s)
==13689==    at 0x83FB337: ??? (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/librsvg-2.so.2.40.2)
==13689==    by 0x83FBF07: rsvg_handle_get_pixbuf_sub (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/librsvg-2.so.2.40.2)
==13689==    by 0x27120E45: ??? (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-svg.so)
==13689==    by 0x6B91211: ??? (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0.3000.7)
==13689==    by 0x6B92B41: gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0.3000.7)
==13689==    by 0x4C6DE3: xg_set_icon (xfns.c:456)
==13689==    by 0x4BB5AE: x_bitmap_icon (xterm.c:7363)
==13689==    by 0x4C2D9F: x_set_icon_type (xfns.c:907)
==13689==    by 0x423A79: x_set_frame_parameters (frame.c:2932)
==13689==    by 0x426293: x_default_parameter (frame.c:4035)
==13689==    by 0x4C7FB7: Fx_create_frame (xfns.c:3206)
==13689==    by 0x5536E3: Ffuncall (eval.c:2815)
==13689==  Uninitialised value was created by a stack allocation
==13689==    at 0xD684640: ??? (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpixman-1.so.0.30.2)
==13689==
==13689== Conditional jump or move depends on uninitialised value(s)
==13689==    at 0xD69EC6C: ??? (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpixman-1.so.0.30.2)
==13689==    by 0xD6848AB: ??? (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpixman-1.so.0.30.2)
==13689==    by 0xD639840: pixman_image_composite32 (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpixman-1.so.0.30.2)
==13689==    by 0x7028C56: ??? (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcairo.so.2.11301.0)
==13689==    by 0x7069E23: ??? (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcairo.so.2.11301.0)
==13689==    by 0x705CCBB: ??? (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcairo.so.2.11301.0)
==13689==    by 0x705D69A: ??? (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcairo.so.2.11301.0)
==13689==    by 0x705E2B6: ??? (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcairo.so.2.11301.0)
==13689==    by 0x701CA63: ??? (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcairo.so.2.11301.0)
==13689==    by 0x702CE22: ??? (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcairo.so.2.11301.0)
==13689==    by 0x7061411: ??? (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcairo.so.2.11301.0)
==13689==    by 0x70241E1: ??? (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcairo.so.2.11301.0)
==13689==  Uninitialised value was created by a stack allocation
==13689==    at 0xD684640: ??? (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpixman-1.so.0.30.2)
==13689==
==13689== Conditional jump or move depends on uninitialised value(s)
==13689==    at 0x83FB337: ??? (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/librsvg-2.so.2.40.2)
==13689==    by 0x83FBF07: rsvg_handle_get_pixbuf_sub (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/librsvg-2.so.2.40.2)
==13689==    by 0x27120E45: ??? (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-svg.so)
==13689==    by 0x6B951FA: gdk_pixbuf_loader_close (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0.3000.7)
==13689==    by 0x6B91434: ??? (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0.3000.7)
==13689==    by 0x6B9307C: gdk_pixbuf_new_from_stream_at_scale (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0.3000.7)
==13689==    by 0x5FCF84A: ??? (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk-3.so.0.1000.8)
==13689==    by 0x5FD2FE9: gtk_icon_info_load_icon (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk-3.so.0.1000.8)
==13689==    by 0x5FD327B: gtk_icon_theme_load_icon_for_scale (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk-3.so.0.1000.8)
==13689==    by 0x5EEE264: ??? (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk-3.so.0.1000.8)
==13689==    by 0x5EEE6AD: gtk_icon_set_render_icon_surface (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk-3.so.0.1000.8)
==13689==    by 0x5FCC9FF: ??? (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk-3.so.0.1000.8)
==13689==  Uninitialised value was created by a stack allocation
==13689==    at 0xD684640: ??? (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpixman-1.so.0.30.2)
==13689==
==13689== Conditional jump or move depends on uninitialised value(s)
==13689==    at 0x659B161: gdk_pixbuf_get_from_surface (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgdk-3.so.0.1000.8)
==13689==    by 0x60D59F0: ??? (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk-3.so.0.1000.8)
==13689==    by 0x5EEE2D5: ??? (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk-3.so.0.1000.8)
==13689==    by 0x5EEE6AD: gtk_icon_set_render_icon_surface (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk-3.so.0.1000.8)
==13689==    by 0x5FCC9FF: ??? (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk-3.so.0.1000.8)
==13689==    by 0x5FCD588: ??? (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk-3.so.0.1000.8)
==13689==    by 0x5FCD725: ??? (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk-3.so.0.1000.8)
==13689==    by 0x5FDF7B1: ??? (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk-3.so.0.1000.8)
==13689==    by 0x5FDF8F6: ??? (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk-3.so.0.1000.8)
==13689==    by 0x607ED65: ??? (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk-3.so.0.1000.8)
==13689==    by 0x607EF72: ??? (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk-3.so.0.1000.8)
==13689==    by 0x607F2A7: 
gtk_widget_get_preferred_height_and_baseline_for_width (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk-3.so.0.1000.8)
==13689==  Uninitialised value was created by a stack allocation
==13689==    at 0xD684640: ??? (in 
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpixman-1.so.0.30.2)
==13689==

ZZ Initial frame is now visible

==13689== Invalid read of size 8
==13689==    at 0x53B84E: Fgarbage_collect (lisp.h:1054)
==13689==    by 0x5534D1: Ffuncall (lisp.h:4564)
==13689==    by 0x5878E4: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:916)
==13689==    by 0x55318E: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3049)
==13689==    by 0x5534FA: Ffuncall (eval.c:2876)
==13689==    by 0x55491B: Fapply (eval.c:2354)
==13689==    by 0x5535D9: Ffuncall (eval.c:2796)
==13689==    by 0x5878E4: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:916)
==13689==    by 0x55318E: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3049)
==13689==    by 0x5534FA: Ffuncall (eval.c:2876)
==13689==    by 0x5878E4: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:916)
==13689==    by 0x55318E: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3049)
==13689==  Address 0x279100002870 is not stack'd, malloc'd or (recently) 
free'd
==13689==
==13689== Syscall param rt_sigaction(signum) contains uninitialised 
byte(s)
==13689==    at 0xA5180FA: __libc_sigaction (sigaction.c:64)
==13689==    by 0xA517F05: signal (signal.c:47)
==13689==    by 0x4E2576: terminate_due_to_signal (emacs.c:351)
==13689==    by 0x4FA79D: handle_fatal_signal (sysdep.c:1630)
==13689==    by 0x4FA9A2: deliver_fatal_thread_signal (sysdep.c:1604)
==13689==    by 0xA2D333F: ??? (in 
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread-2.19.so)
==13689==    by 0x53B84D: Fgarbage_collect (lisp.h:704)
==13689==    by 0x5534D1: Ffuncall (lisp.h:4564)
==13689==    by 0x5878E4: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:916)
==13689==    by 0x55318E: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3049)
==13689==    by 0x5534FA: Ffuncall (eval.c:2876)
==13689==    by 0x55491B: Fapply (eval.c:2354)
==13689==  Uninitialised value was created by a heap allocation
==13689==    at 0x4C2AB80: malloc (in 
/usr/lib/valgrind/vgpreload_memcheck-amd64-linux.so)
==13689==    by 0x53845E: lisp_malloc (alloc.c:907)
==13689==    by 0x5393C2: allocate_buffer (alloc.c:3140)
==13689==    by 0x502477: Fmake_indirect_buffer (buffer.c:779)
==13689==    by 0x552BC6: eval_sub (eval.c:2191)
==13689==    by 0x5553EB: Fsetq (eval.c:545)
==13689==    by 0x552CDA: eval_sub (eval.c:2133)
==13689==    by 0x552EF4: Fprogn (eval.c:468)
==13689==    by 0x55328B: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3042)
==13689==    by 0x5534FA: Ffuncall (eval.c:2876)
==13689==    by 0x54FACF: Fcall_interactively (callint.c:836)
==13689==    by 0x5536C7: Ffuncall (eval.c:2822)
==13689==
==13689== Syscall param rt_sigaction(act->sa_mask) points to 
uninitialised byte(s)
==13689==    at 0xA5180FA: __libc_sigaction (sigaction.c:64)
==13689==    by 0xA517F05: signal (signal.c:47)
==13689==    by 0x4E2576: terminate_due_to_signal (emacs.c:351)
==13689==    by 0x4FA79D: handle_fatal_signal (sysdep.c:1630)
==13689==    by 0x4FA9A2: deliver_fatal_thread_signal (sysdep.c:1604)
==13689==    by 0xA2D333F: ??? (in 
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread-2.19.so)
==13689==    by 0x53B84D: Fgarbage_collect (lisp.h:704)
==13689==    by 0x5534D1: Ffuncall (lisp.h:4564)
==13689==    by 0x5878E4: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:916)
==13689==    by 0x55318E: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3049)
==13689==    by 0x5534FA: Ffuncall (eval.c:2876)
==13689==    by 0x55491B: Fapply (eval.c:2354)
==13689==  Address 0xffeffc528 is on thread 1's stack
==13689==  Uninitialised value was created by a heap allocation
==13689==    at 0x4C2AB80: malloc (in 
/usr/lib/valgrind/vgpreload_memcheck-amd64-linux.so)
==13689==    by 0x53845E: lisp_malloc (alloc.c:907)
==13689==    by 0x5393C2: allocate_buffer (alloc.c:3140)
==13689==    by 0x502477: Fmake_indirect_buffer (buffer.c:779)
==13689==    by 0x552BC6: eval_sub (eval.c:2191)
==13689==    by 0x5553EB: Fsetq (eval.c:545)
==13689==    by 0x552CDA: eval_sub (eval.c:2133)
==13689==    by 0x552EF4: Fprogn (eval.c:468)
==13689==    by 0x55328B: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3042)
==13689==    by 0x5534FA: Ffuncall (eval.c:2876)
==13689==    by 0x54FACF: Fcall_interactively (callint.c:836)
==13689==    by 0x5536C7: Ffuncall (eval.c:2822)
==13689==
Fatal error 11: Segmentation fault
Backtrace:
./temacs[0x4fb82b]
./temacs[0x4e25ae]
./temacs[0x4fa79e]
./temacs[0x4fa9a3]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0(+0x10340)[0xa2d3340]
./temacs[0x53b84e]
./temacs[0x5534d2]
./temacs[0x5878e5]
./temacs[0x55318f]
./temacs[0x5534fb]
./temacs[0x55491c]
./temacs[0x5535da]
./temacs[0x5878e5]
./temacs[0x55318f]
./temacs[0x5534fb]
./temacs[0x5878e5]
./temacs[0x55318f]
./temacs[0x5534fb]
./temacs[0x5878e5]
./temacs[0x552bc7]
./temacs[0x555e79]
./temacs[0x5888ad]
./temacs[0x55318f]
./temacs[0x5534fb]
./temacs[0x5878e5]
./temacs[0x55318f]
./temacs[0x5534fb]
./temacs[0x5878e5]
./temacs[0x55318f]
./temacs[0x552664]
./temacs[0x5529ee]
./temacs[0x552ef5]
./temacs[0x55582e]
./temacs[0x552cdb]
./temacs[0x5553ec]
./temacs[0x552cdb]
./temacs[0x552ef5]
./temacs[0x55328c]
./temacs[0x5534fb]
./temacs[0x54fad0]
./temacs[0x5536c8]
...
==13689== Syscall param rt_sigprocmask(set) points to uninitialised 
byte(s)
==13689==    at 0xA2D05AA: pthread_sigmask (pthread_sigmask.c:53)
==13689==    by 0x4E25CE: terminate_due_to_signal (emacs.c:374)
==13689==    by 0x4FA79D: handle_fatal_signal (sysdep.c:1630)
==13689==    by 0x4FA9A2: deliver_fatal_thread_signal (sysdep.c:1604)
==13689==    by 0xA2D333F: ??? (in 
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread-2.19.so)
==13689==    by 0x53B84D: Fgarbage_collect (lisp.h:704)
==13689==    by 0x5534D1: Ffuncall (lisp.h:4564)
==13689==    by 0x5878E4: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:916)
==13689==    by 0x55318E: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3049)
==13689==    by 0x5534FA: Ffuncall (eval.c:2876)
==13689==    by 0x55491B: Fapply (eval.c:2354)
==13689==    by 0x5535D9: Ffuncall (eval.c:2796)
==13689==  Address 0xffeffc7b0 is on thread 1's stack
==13689==  Uninitialised value was created by a heap allocation
==13689==    at 0x4C2AB80: malloc (in 
/usr/lib/valgrind/vgpreload_memcheck-amd64-linux.so)
==13689==    by 0x53845E: lisp_malloc (alloc.c:907)
==13689==    by 0x5393C2: allocate_buffer (alloc.c:3140)
==13689==    by 0x502477: Fmake_indirect_buffer (buffer.c:779)
==13689==    by 0x552BC6: eval_sub (eval.c:2191)
==13689==    by 0x5553EB: Fsetq (eval.c:545)
==13689==    by 0x552CDA: eval_sub (eval.c:2133)
==13689==    by 0x552EF4: Fprogn (eval.c:468)
==13689==    by 0x55328B: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3042)
==13689==    by 0x5534FA: Ffuncall (eval.c:2876)
==13689==    by 0x54FACF: Fcall_interactively (callint.c:836)
==13689==    by 0x5536C7: Ffuncall (eval.c:2822)
==13689==
==13689== Syscall param tgkill(sig) contains uninitialised byte(s)
==13689==    at 0xA2D320B: raise (pt-raise.c:37)
==13689==    by 0x4E25D5: terminate_due_to_signal (emacs.c:378)
==13689==    by 0x4FA79D: handle_fatal_signal (sysdep.c:1630)
==13689==    by 0x4FA9A2: deliver_fatal_thread_signal (sysdep.c:1604)
==13689==    by 0xA2D333F: ??? (in 
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread-2.19.so)
==13689==    by 0x53B84D: Fgarbage_collect (lisp.h:704)
==13689==    by 0x5534D1: Ffuncall (lisp.h:4564)
==13689==    by 0x5878E4: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:916)
==13689==    by 0x55318E: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3049)
==13689==    by 0x5534FA: Ffuncall (eval.c:2876)
==13689==    by 0x55491B: Fapply (eval.c:2354)
==13689==    by 0x5535D9: Ffuncall (eval.c:2796)
==13689==  Uninitialised value was created by a heap allocation
==13689==    at 0x4C2AB80: malloc (in 
/usr/lib/valgrind/vgpreload_memcheck-amd64-linux.so)
==13689==    by 0x53845E: lisp_malloc (alloc.c:907)
==13689==    by 0x5393C2: allocate_buffer (alloc.c:3140)
==13689==    by 0x502477: Fmake_indirect_buffer (buffer.c:779)
==13689==    by 0x552BC6: eval_sub (eval.c:2191)
==13689==    by 0x5553EB: Fsetq (eval.c:545)
==13689==    by 0x552CDA: eval_sub (eval.c:2133)
==13689==    by 0x552EF4: Fprogn (eval.c:468)
==13689==    by 0x55328B: funcall_lambda (eval.c:3042)
==13689==    by 0x5534FA: Ffuncall (eval.c:2876)
==13689==    by 0x54FACF: Fcall_interactively (callint.c:836)
==13689==    by 0x5536C7: Ffuncall (eval.c:2822)
==13689==
==13689==
==13689== HEAP SUMMARY:
==13689==     in use at exit: 20,334,516 bytes in 92,065 blocks
==13689==   total heap usage: 882,254 allocs, 790,189 frees, 263,955,382 
bytes allocated
==13689==
==13689== LEAK SUMMARY:
==13689==    definitely lost: 7,928 bytes in 60 blocks
==13689==    indirectly lost: 25,685 bytes in 870 blocks
==13689==      possibly lost: 371,224 bytes in 4,970 blocks
==13689==    still reachable: 18,976,287 bytes in 82,851 blocks
==13689==         suppressed: 0 bytes in 0 blocks
==13689== Rerun with --leak-check=full to see details of leaked memory
==13689==
==13689== For counts of detected and suppressed errors, rerun with: -v
==13689== ERROR SUMMARY: 1842 errors from 10 contexts (suppressed: 
190248 from 753)
[1]    13689 killed     valgrind --suppressions=valgrind.supp 
--track-origins=yes ./temacs -Q

Here is a similar backtrace from temacs.

(gdb) bt full 6
#0  mark_object (arg=<optimized out>) at alloc.c:6191
         ptr = <optimized out>
         ptrx = <optimized out>
         obj = 8388355822696755058
         cdr_count = 0
#1  0x000000000053b8a0 in Fgarbage_collect () at alloc.c:5647
         nextb = 0x1d45000
         stack_top_variable = 0 '\000'
         i = <optimized out>
         message_p = false
         retval = <optimized out>
         tot_before = 0
#2  0x00000000005534d2 in maybe_gc () at lisp.h:4564
No locals.
#3  Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x7fffffffcf18) at eval.c:2766
         fun = <optimized out>
         original_fun = <optimized out>
         numargs = 1
         val = <optimized out>
         internal_args = <optimized out>
         i = <optimized out>
#4  0x00000000005878e5 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=2, vector=2866666, 
maxdepth=238,
     args_template=12116274, nargs=140737488342800, args=0x2) at 
bytecode.c:916
         targets = {0x58797c <exec_byte_code+988>, 0x58813f 
<exec_byte_code+2975>,
           0x588144 <exec_byte_code+2980>, 0x588149 
<exec_byte_code+2985>,
           0x587772 <exec_byte_code+466>, 0x587778 <exec_byte_code+472>,
           0x588919 <exec_byte_code+4985>, 0x588956 
<exec_byte_code+5046>,
           0x5889d8 <exec_byte_code+5176>, 0x5889dd 
<exec_byte_code+5181>,
           0x5889a7 <exec_byte_code+5127>, 0x5889ac 
<exec_byte_code+5132>,
           0x5877a9 <exec_byte_code+521>, 0x5877b0 <exec_byte_code+528>,
           0x587e17 <exec_byte_code+2167>, 0x5889b1 
<exec_byte_code+5137>,
           0x587f83 <exec_byte_code+2531>, 0x587f88 
<exec_byte_code+2536>,
           0x588005 <exec_byte_code+2661>, 0x58800a 
<exec_byte_code+2666>,
           0x587815 <exec_byte_code+629>, 0x587818 <exec_byte_code+632>,
           0x587fb4 <exec_byte_code+2580>, 0x587f8d 
<exec_byte_code+2541>,
           0x588036 <exec_byte_code+2710>, 0x58803b 
<exec_byte_code+2715>,
           0x588040 <exec_byte_code+2720>, 0x588045 
<exec_byte_code+2725>,
           0x587881 <exec_byte_code+737>, 0x587888 <exec_byte_code+744>,
           0x587ff0 <exec_byte_code+2640>, 0x58800f 
<exec_byte_code+2671>,
           0x588091 <exec_byte_code+2801>, 0x588096 
<exec_byte_code+2806>,
           0x58809b <exec_byte_code+2811>, 0x5880a5 
<exec_byte_code+2821>,
           0x5878c3 <exec_byte_code+803>, 0x5878c8 <exec_byte_code+808>,
           0x588055 <exec_byte_code+2741>, 0x58806a 
<exec_byte_code+2762>,
           0x5879f2 <exec_byte_code+1106>, 0x5879f7 
<exec_byte_code+1111>,
           0x5879fc <exec_byte_code+1116>, 0x5880ca 
<exec_byte_code+2858>,
           0x587905 <exec_byte_code+869>, 0x587908 <exec_byte_code+872>,
           0x5880b5 <exec_byte_code+2837>, 0x5879cb 
<exec_byte_code+1067>,
           0x58881e <exec_byte_code+4734>, 0x588813 
<exec_byte_code+4723>,
           0x58871f <exec_byte_code+4479>, 0x58797c <exec_byte_code+988>,
           0x58797c <exec_byte_code+988>, 0x58797c <exec_byte_code+988>,
           0x58797c <exec_byte_code+988>, 0x58797c <exec_byte_code+988>,
           0x588b3e <exec_byte_code+5534>, 0x588bcc 
<exec_byte_code+5676>,
           0x588c03 <exec_byte_code+5731>, 0x588c3a 
<exec_byte_code+5786>,
           0x588c71 <exec_byte_code+5841>, 0x587eda 
<exec_byte_code+2362>,
           0x587f14 <exec_byte_code+2420>, 0x588cb2 
<exec_byte_code+5906>,
           0x587e9f <exec_byte_code+2303>, 0x587f48 
<exec_byte_code+2472>,
           0x588ce4 <exec_byte_code+5956>, 0x588d18 
<exec_byte_code+6008>,
           0x588d40 <exec_byte_code+6048>, 0x588d74 
<exec_byte_code+6100>,
           0x588da9 <exec_byte_code+6153>, 0x588e20 
<exec_byte_code+6272>,
           0x588e48 <exec_byte_code+6312>, 0x588e7c 
<exec_byte_code+6364>,
           0x588eb4 <exec_byte_code+6420>, 0x588edc 
<exec_byte_code+6460>,
           0x588f04 <exec_byte_code+6500>, 0x588f38 
<exec_byte_code+6552>,
           0x588f6c <exec_byte_code+6604>, 0x588fa0 
<exec_byte_code+6656>,
           0x588fd8 <exec_byte_code+6712>, 0x58900d 
<exec_byte_code+6765>,
           0x589042 <exec_byte_code+6818>, 0x5890b9 
<exec_byte_code+6937>,
           0x5890f2 <exec_byte_code+6994>, 0x58912b 
<exec_byte_code+7051>,
           0x589244 <exec_byte_code+7332>, 0x5891d2 
<exec_byte_code+7218>,
           0x58920b <exec_byte_code+7275>, 0x58927d 
<exec_byte_code+7389>,
           0x5892b6 <exec_byte_code+7446>, 0x5892eb 
<exec_byte_code+7499>,
           0x58931d <exec_byte_code+7549>, 0x589352 
<exec_byte_code+7602>,
           0x589387 <exec_byte_code+7655>, 0x5893bc 
<exec_byte_code+7708>,
           0x58945a <exec_byte_code+7866>, 0x58794d <exec_byte_code+941>,
           0x589490 <exec_byte_code+7920>, 0x5894b8 
<exec_byte_code+7960>,
           0x589527 <exec_byte_code+8071>, 0x58955d 
<exec_byte_code+8125>,
           0x589593 <exec_byte_code+8179>, 0x5895bb 
<exec_byte_code+8219>,
           0x5895e5 <exec_byte_code+8261>, 0x58960f 
<exec_byte_code+8303>,
           0x58963c <exec_byte_code+8348>, 0x58797c <exec_byte_code+988>,
           0x58966b <exec_byte_code+8395>, 0x589698 
<exec_byte_code+8440>,
           0x5896c5 <exec_byte_code+8485>, 0x5896f2 
<exec_byte_code+8530>,
           0x58971f <exec_byte_code+8575>, 0x58974c 
<exec_byte_code+8620>,
           0x58794d <exec_byte_code+941>, 0x58797c <exec_byte_code+988>,
           0x589774 <exec_byte_code+8660>, 0x5897b3 
<exec_byte_code+8723>,
           0x5897db <exec_byte_code+8763>, 0x589803 
<exec_byte_code+8803>,
           0x589837 <exec_byte_code+8855>, 0x58986b 
<exec_byte_code+8907>,
           0x5882f2 <exec_byte_code+3410>, 0x5883c8 
<exec_byte_code+3624>,
           0x589a74 <exec_byte_code+9428>, 0x589aa8 
<exec_byte_code+9480>,
           0x5883fc <exec_byte_code+3676>, 0x588429 
<exec_byte_code+3721>,
           0x58797c <exec_byte_code+988>, 0x58866b <exec_byte_code+4299>,
           0x587a05 <exec_byte_code+1125>, 0x587e2c 
<exec_byte_code+2188>,
           0x587c71 <exec_byte_code+1745>, 0x587b13 
<exec_byte_code+1395>,
           0x587d73 <exec_byte_code+2003>, 0x5885f7 
<exec_byte_code+4183>,
           0x58864a <exec_byte_code+4266>, 0x587fc9 
<exec_byte_code+2601>,
           0x58853c <exec_byte_code+3996>, 0x5884de 
<exec_byte_code+3902>,
           0x5886b7 <exec_byte_code+4375>, 0x5886e6 
<exec_byte_code+4422>,
           0x58884d <exec_byte_code+4781>, 0x588899 
<exec_byte_code+4857>,
           0x5888d1 <exec_byte_code+4913>, 0x588ae8 
<exec_byte_code+5448>,
           0x5884b1 <exec_byte_code+3857>, 0x588451 
<exec_byte_code+3761>,
           0x588489 <exec_byte_code+3817>, 0x589893 
<exec_byte_code+8947>,
           0x5898bb <exec_byte_code+8987>, 0x5898e3 
<exec_byte_code+9027>,
           0x58990b <exec_byte_code+9067>, 0x58993f 
<exec_byte_code+9119>,
           0x589973 <exec_byte_code+9171>, 0x5899a7 
<exec_byte_code+9223>,
           0x5899db <exec_byte_code+9275>, 0x588155 
<exec_byte_code+2997>,
           0x588189 <exec_byte_code+3049>, 0x5881bd 
<exec_byte_code+3101>,
           0x5881e5 <exec_byte_code+3141>, 0x588219 
<exec_byte_code+3193>,
           0x58824d <exec_byte_code+3245>, 0x588285 
<exec_byte_code+3301>,
           0x5882bd <exec_byte_code+3357>, 0x5893f1 
<exec_byte_code+7761>,
           0x589426 <exec_byte_code+7814>, 0x5880cf 
<exec_byte_code+2863>,
           0x58810d <exec_byte_code+2925>, 0x58797c <exec_byte_code+988>,
           0x587a99 <exec_byte_code+1273>, 0x587d18 
<exec_byte_code+1912>,
           0x587b83 <exec_byte_code+1507>, 0x587c0e 
<exec_byte_code+1646>,
           0x58856b <exec_byte_code+4043>, 0x588dde 
<exec_byte_code+6206>,
           0x589077 <exec_byte_code+6871>, 0x5894e5 
<exec_byte_code+8005>,
           0x5889e2 <exec_byte_code+5186>, 0x588a1f 
<exec_byte_code+5247>,
           0x58797c <exec_byte_code+988>, 0x58797c <exec_byte_code+988>,
           0x588a70 <exec_byte_code+5328>, 0x58797c <exec_byte_code+988>,
           0x58797c <exec_byte_code+988>, 0x58797c <exec_byte_code+988>,
           0x58797c <exec_byte_code+988>, 0x58797c <exec_byte_code+988>,
           0x58797c <exec_byte_code+988>, 0x58797c <exec_byte_code+988>,
           0x58797c <exec_byte_code+988>, 0x58797c <exec_byte_code+988>,
           0x588ab8 <exec_byte_code+5400> <repeats 64 times>}
         stack = {
           pc = 0xac400c <pure+2669004> 
"\210\320\f\b\"\210\321\f\322\"\210\323\f\b\"\210\n\204W",
           byte_string = 9147665,
           byte_string_start = 0xac3fd0 <pure+2668944> 
"\306\b!\020\307\b!\031\310\b\236\032\311\033ʉ\034\035\v\312\036\026\211\036\027\203\060",
           next = 0x7fffffffd120
         }
         result = 2
         type = (unknown: 4294954768)
#5  0x000000000055318f in funcall_lambda (fun=9147605, 
nargs=nargs@entry=1,
     arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fffffffd0d0) at eval.c:3049
         val = <optimized out>
         syms_left = 12116274
         lexenv = 12116274
         i = <optimized out>
         optional = <optimized out>
         rest = <optimized out>
(More stack frames follow...)

Lisp Backtrace:
"Automatic GC" (0xb73088)
"x-setup-function-keys" (0xffffcf20)
"x-create-frame-with-faces" (0xffffd0d0)
"make-frame" (0xffffd200)
"let*" (0xffffd3f8)
"setq" (0xffffd4e8)
"stupider-speed-read" (0xffffd6c8)
"call-interactively" (0xffffd8d0)
"command-execute" (0xffffda40)
"execute-extended-command" (0xffffdba8)
"call-interactively" (0xffffde20)
"command-execute" (0xffffdf68)