Subject: bug#18164: 24.3.92; appt-mode-line is missing a white-space (in conjunction with display-time-and-date)

From: [email-masked] (H. Dieter Wilhelm)
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2014 07:21:11 +0200

Hello,

in conjunction with display-time the appointment message in the mode
line is not formatted harmoniously.  The appointment message does not
have a white-space at the end but in the beginning.

Thanks for Emacs

       Dieter

In GNU Emacs 24.3.92.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.24)
 of 2014-07-18 on vsl28t2g
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11600000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux testing (jessie)

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<backspace> w h <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
C-x o / e u <backspace> <backspace> q u e r y SPC w 
i l h e <tab> <return> G u t e n SPC M <backspace> 
M O r g e <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
o r g e n SPC V i c k y , SPC d u SPC b e n u t z t 
<backspace> <backspace> z t SPC n o c h <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> H a n g o u t s 
? <return> M-x b u <tab> g <tab> <tab> C-a C-k r e 
p o <tab> r <tab> b <tab> <tab> e m <tab> <return> 
A p p o i n t m e n t SPC m e a s s <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> s s a g e SPC i s SPC o <backspace> n o 
t SPC p r o p e r t <backspace> l y SPC f o r m a t 
t e d SPC i n SPC c o n j u n c t i o n SPC w i t h 
SPC M-b M-b M-b M-f SPC t h e SPC m o d e l i n e , 
SPC w h e n C-k SPC t h e SPC t i m e SPC M-b M-b a 
l s o SPC C-e i s SPC s <backspace> d i s p l a y e 
d C-g C-g C-h f a p o <backspace> p <tab> t - d i s 
<tab> p l <tab> <backspace> <backspace> l <tab> <return> 
<tab> <tab> <return> <tab> <tab> <tab> <return> <tab> 
<return> C-s n o w C-g C-x b * m <tab> <backspace> 
u n <tab> C-g M-x M-p <return>

Recent messages:
uncompressing appt.el.gz...done
Note: file is write protected
Quit
Making completion list...
Quit
X is undefined
o is undefined
x is undefined
Quit [2 times]
pop-to-mark-command: No mark set in this buffer [3 times]

Load-path shadows:
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-awk hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-awk
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-ref hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-ref
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-archive hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/org-archive
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-io hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-io
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-exp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-exp
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-info hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/org-info
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-keys hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-keys
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ox-org hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ox-org
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-rmail hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/org-rmail
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-asymptote hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-makefile hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-makefile
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-calc hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-calc
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-java hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-java
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ox hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ox
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-compat hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/org-compat
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-ctags hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/org-ctags
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-src hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/org-src
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-feed hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/org-feed
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-ditaa hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-faces hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/org-faces
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-js hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-js
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-version hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/org-version
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ox-beamer hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ox-beamer
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-lob hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-lob
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ox-texinfo hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ox-texinfo
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-indent hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/org-indent
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-fortran hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-fortran
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-ledger hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-ledger
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-clock hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/org-clock
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-sass hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-sass
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-css hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-css
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-habit hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/org-habit
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ox-md hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ox-md
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-docview hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/org-docview
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-comint hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-comint
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-entities hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/org-entities
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-element hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/org-element
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-gnus hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/org-gnus
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-latex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-latex
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-R hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-R
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-gnuplot hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-plantuml hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-table hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/org-table
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-picolisp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-bbdb hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-dot hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-dot
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-lilypond hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-shen hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-shen
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-capture hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/org-capture
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-ruby hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-attach hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/org-attach
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-eval hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-eval
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-perl hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-perl
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-macro hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/org-macro
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-octave hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-octave
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-macs hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/org-macs
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-org hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-org
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-w3m hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/org-w3m
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-agenda hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/org-agenda
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-clojure hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ox-icalendar hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ox-icalendar
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/org
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-mouse hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/org-mouse
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-haskell hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-python hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-python
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-mhe hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/org-mhe
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-plot hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/org-plot
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-protocol hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/org-protocol
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-lisp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-lisp
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-datetree hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/org-datetree
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ox-ascii hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ox-ascii
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-bibtex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-inlinetask hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-maxima hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-maxima
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-pcomplete hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-scheme hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-scheme
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-sh hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-sh
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-irc hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/org-irc
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-matlab hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-screen hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-screen
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-emacs-lisp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-sqlite hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ox-latex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ox-latex
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-mobile hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/org-mobile
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-crypt hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/org-crypt
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-C hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-C
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ox-publish hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ox-publish
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-colview hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/org-colview
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-loaddefs hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-core hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-core
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-ocaml hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-tangle hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ox-man hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ox-man
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-table hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-table
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-mscgen hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-timer hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/org-timer
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-sql hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-sql
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-footnote hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/org-footnote
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-list hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/org-list
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-id hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/org-id
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ox-html hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ox-html
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-scala hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ob-scala
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-install hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/org-install
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-eshell hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/org-eshell
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ox-odt hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.92/lisp/org/ox-odt

Features:
(shadow emacsbug dabbrev debug winner autorevert filenotify wdired
iswitchb ibuf-ext ibuffer erc-list erc-menu erc-join erc-ring
erc-networks erc-pcomplete erc-track erc-match erc-button erc-fill
erc-stamp erc-netsplit erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat gnus-fun
org-table tabify pp tex-mode compile latexenc url-queue term ehelp
misearch multi-isearch dired-aux url-file url-dired url-handlers
tramp-cache apropos image-file macros org-agenda diff-mode face-remap
url-http url-gw url-cache url-auth eww tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat
tramp-loaddefs trampver advice cal-iso cal-move bbdb-message eieio-opt
speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe help-mode flow-fill shr-color color
org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus org-docview doc-view
jka-compr image-mode org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m shr browse-url
mm-archive smiley gnus-async qp gnus-ml disp-table mailalias mail-extr
smtpmail sendmail sort gnus-bcklg gnus-cite flyspell ispell nnir
gnus-draft utf-7 epa-file epa derived epg gnutls network-stream starttls
gnus-topic nndraft nnmh nnrss xml mm-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
nnfolder nnimap parse-time tls utf7 netrc nnmbox bbdb-gnus bbdb-mua
bbdb-com crm nnagent nnml gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode
nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 epg-config mm-view mml-smime
smime dig mailcap nntp gnus-cache gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo
nnmail mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus
gnus-ems nnheader mail-utils wid-edit edmacro kmacro cl-loaddefs cl-lib
ffap thingatpt url-parse url-vars time paren dired-x dired ob-maxima
ob-latex ob-sh shell ob-calc calc-store calc-trail calc-ext calc
calc-loaddefs calc-macs ob-R ob-python ox-koma-letter ox-rss ox-latex
ox-icalendar ox-html ox-ascii ox-publish ox org-element org org-macro
org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
noutline outline easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint comint
ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs
format-spec find-func info auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv eieio-core gnus-util mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr
password-cache view mule-util cal-china cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew
holidays hol-loaddefs lunar solar cal-dst appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs bbdb easymenu bbdb-site timezone
bbdb-loaddefs server time-date tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 789087 132048)
 (symbols 48 52445 41)
 (miscs 40 3265 4400)
 (strings 32 143885 13688)
 (string-bytes 1 6012455)
 (vectors 16 51765)
 (vector-slots 8 1634364 155850)
 (floats 8 1134 2298)
 (intervals 56 86684 3269)
 (buffers 960 106)
 (heap 1024 98426 14823))

-- 
Best wishes
H. Dieter Wilhelm
Darmstadt, Germany