Subject: Re: bug#18164: 24.3.92; appt-mode-line is missing a white-space (in conjunction with display-time-and-date)

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2021 17:49:44 +0200

Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> writes:

>> in conjunction with display-time the appointment message in the mode
>> line is not formatted harmoniously.
>
> (If appt is activated before display-time rather than after.)
>
>> The appointment message does not have a white-space at the end but in
>> the beginning.
>
> Well, there's an issue, but whose issue is it? I could equally well say
> that display-time-mode-string does not have space at either end.
>
> It seems to be a general issue. Eg display-time-mode + display-battery-mode
> has the same issue.

There wasn't a convention to handle this before, so some
global-mode-string elements added it to the start, and some added it to
the end, and some didn't add it at all.  This has been changed in Emacs
28 (to add the space at the end), and I've now adjusted the appt string,
too.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no