Subject: bug#18164: 24.3.92; appt-mode-line is missing a white-space (in conjunction with display-time-and-date)

From: [email-masked] (H. Dieter Wilhelm)
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2014 14:50:59 +0200

Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> writes:

> H. Dieter Wilhelm wrote:
>
>> in conjunction with display-time the appointment message in the mode
>> line is not formatted harmoniously.
>
> (If appt is activated before display-time rather than after.)

I see, for the time being, I'll activate then display-time before
app-activate... :-)

When I'm already nitpicking, then I think the point behind the warning
time in minutes, like this: `3 min.'  is unnecessary. If there is a
white-space behind `min ' then it represents the (well known) physical
unit and must not be an abbreviated minute.

>> The appointment message does not have a white-space at the end but in
>> the beginning.
>
> Well, there's an issue, but whose issue is it? I could equally well say
> that display-time-mode-string does not have space at either end.
>
> It seems to be a general issue. Eg display-time-mode + display-battery-mode
> has the same issue.

Then this is calling for a general mode-line guide-line ;-).  Everything
textual must be followed by a whitespace.

-- 
Thank you

      Dieter

Best wishes
H. Dieter Wilhelm
Darmstadt, Germany